Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CordCutter1
Reel Rookie

Screen Mirroring stopped working

Roku,

Is there any updates to fixing the screen mirroring problem that many users face? I have done a lot of searching in hopeless attempts to find a solution to why our Hisense Roku TV will not screen mirror anymore. My wife and I both have Samsung S20 phones that we stream the iFit treadmill app to our Hisense TV in our little workout room. It has worked with no issues until just a little while ago. Now after reading all the troubleshooting tips, restarting the TV, resetting the TV, nothing works. Every so often it will show up under the Smart View but once you click on the TV, it will sit there trying to connect, time out and then gives the tip of holding the remote power button to restart the tv or unplug it and plug it back in. This does not work. Going through all the tips of the stuff listed below does not work either. 

*********Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community for help today!

We appreciate you informing us about this concern you've encountered with screen mirroring not              connecting, We would be more than glad to assist, and you can follow these steps provided below            to resolve the issue.

Kindly verify screen mirroring of Roku is configured or working properly:

1.    Settings/System/Screen mirroring/Screen mirroring mode=Prompt
  2.    Settings/System/Screen mirroring/Screen mirroring devices/Always blocked=none
  3.    Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Device connect=Enabled
  4.    Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Control by mobile devices=Default
  5.    Always select "Always allow" when prompted by the Roku
  6.    Test with (another) Android/Windows Miracast-capable device

One additional step you can do after performing all these steps is to restart your Roku device by               navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
          Kash

So what is the solution? The software version is 12.0.0, Build is 4193-90. I only have 5.0GHZ wifi( not sure if it requires 2.4GHZ or not). Device connect is enabled. Control by Mobile Apps is set to default. Screen Mirroring mode is Prompt ( also does not work if set to always allow). Screen mirroring devices is now empty since I reset the TV using Factory Reset. Also, I have tried using my laptop with Windows 11 just to see if that would find the TV and it will not. So what is the solution? If we can develop AI and electric cars and whatever other highly technical technology, why is it so hard to develop a patch or a new update to fix a simple thing as Screen Mirroring? 

Please let me know what else I can do and please do not send me a link of How to connect your Android device to a Roku TV or Streaming Stick. I have already done much searching before even writing this post therefore I have tried all of these things. I and a whole lot of other users would like a good solution which will most likely come from some folks fixing the programming and sending out an update.

Thank you for your time. 

57 REPLIES 57
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen Mirroring stopped working

Hi @CordCutter1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CordCutter1
Reel Rookie

Good Morning,

I started to get all the information you requested. I got to the point of getting the Tracker ID and lo and behold it works. I have no issues connecting my phone or my wife's phone. So thanks for fixing this issue. 

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @CordCutter1,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We're glad to hear about this report, and if you still need a hand or anything else, we can further assist you. Please get back here, and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Mine isn't working either, I've tried everything suggested in this thread and set everything to the default. 

The only thing I haven't done is factory reset because logging back in to all of our streaming services for the first time will be a huge pain. 

But we've struggled with this feature for ages, even wondered if our TV genuinely does it or not because we can never get it to work!!! 

Model:G211X - Roku TV

Serial number: X01900PFG0CM

Software: 12.5.0 build 4172-CH

GC: 10.2.30

Issue ID  CM-419-172

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @srsmith1579!

We highly appreciate all of your efforts in trying to troubleshoot your Roku TV regarding the screen mirroring issue you have been experiencing. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know what model of smartphone you are attempting to use the screen mirror feature on? Furthermore, here are our Support articles that might help you understand more and will provide instructions on how to use the screen mirror feature on your Roku TV:

Let us know how it goes; we'd be happy to continue assisting you with this. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixscreenmirror
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue with screen mirroring no longer working. We have tried all of these suggestions (multiple times) and nothing is working. Please fix this before I have to get rid of this Roku tv. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Fixscreenmirror
Reel Rookie

I’m afraid I don’t have much faith that you can fix screen, mirroring, considering I cannot get your website to allow me to change this unpleasant default profile picture.

0 Kudos
Fixscreenmirror
Reel Rookie

Issue report tracker
Model: C101X - Roku TV
Serial number: X00000M4R243 (S032G064R243)
Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-93
GC version: 10.2.518
Timestamp: 2023-11-09T04:55:48Z
Please use issue ID 43-449-575 to report the current
Issue.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Fixscreenmirror.

Thanks for raising your concern with us. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know what mobile phone you are trying to use the screen mirror feature from? We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos