Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen Mirroring stopped working

Thanks for keeping us posted, @ananyakajla 

We acknowledge the information you've provided. This will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team since this issue is subject for investigation. Once more developments have been acquired, we'll provide an update in this thread.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In addition, @ananyakajla

We'd like to know what specific behavior you've encountered with the screen mirroring issue. 

Please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mx325
Channel Surfer

So here's an update. If I connect my TV to my 2.4ghz ssid then it can see the tv. However, I got a Galaxy s24 ultra and it sees the TV's no matter if it's on 2.4 or 5 so I have no idea why my other android devices are having an issue. To many buggy things amongst the tv, router and phones. 

0 Kudos
ananyakajla
Reel Rookie

Hey Kash,

I've followed every step as described in the link you shared but I haven't yet been able to perform screen mirroring. 

Further, there are no error codes showing on the TV screen. I can simply see Roku TV on my phone's 'Smart View' function but that's about it. It doesn't move forward or display anything on the actual TV screen.

I have tried third party apps to screen mirror. The apps do work but with very minimum success. Third party apps even on the Roku app store have a very significant lag while screen mirroring (approx 2-3 seconds).

Lastly, I mus add that despite my inability to screen mirror from my phone, I have been able to screen cast content (not smart view) from compatible apps such as YouTube and Netflix. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ananyakajla

We appreciate you for providing the additional information.

We'll provide an update once more development from the appropriate Roku team has been acquired regarding this issue.

Your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ananyakajla
Reel Rookie

Thanks @RokuTakashi. I really hope you are able to help with this because not being able to screen mirror is significantly affecting my Roku experience. Hopefully the team is able to resolve this issue soon.

0 Kudos
Mc_Gruber1x
Reel Rookie

Same ruku tv as everone else. Done everthing asked to do. Still it does not work. Total piece of caca. Threw the tv in the garbage. Later

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mc_Gruber1x!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution and help you utilize the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV.

We appreciate the efforts you've made in doing everything to utilize the screen mirroring feature to no avail. In this case, kindly provide us with the details below so we can coordinate this with the relevant Roku team to include your device in the process of investigation as to why the screen mirroring feature doesn't work on your Roku TV.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Are you able to utilize the screen mirroring feature before or not at all?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried to try and resolve this?
  • Model and OS version of the smart phone device you are trying to screen mirror from.

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mc_Gruber1x
Reel Rookie

Bought a Samsung, threw away the piece of trash ruku tv.

0 Kudos
amitkattyan
Reel Rookie

Airplay video working but no sound

I am using macboob pro, macbook air and iphone 14 pro max to airplay but nothing seems to be working and i have performed all debugging. Video is working fine but no audio.

Below details about device:

Model-3820EU-Streaming Stick 4k

Serial number-X01700K9LDGD

Software version- 12.5.5 build 4174-CU

Device ID- S09241A9LDGD

0 Kudos