Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hcl
Reel Rookie

Problem updating ultra 4802X to 13.0.0

Any idea why our ultra 4800X updates to v 13.0.0 but our brand new 4802X will only update to 12.5.5?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Problem updating ultra 4802X to 13.0.0

Having owned just about every generation Roku player, its not unusual for them to stagger update roll outs. Point in case, I own a 4800X and have yet to get v13, so I wouldn't be concerned at all. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Hcl-

Roku updates to new major updates individual Roku installation by individual Roku installation, with an update schedule known only to Roku. If you have multiple Rokus, they may not become eligible for the update at the same time, even if they are the same Roku model.  I have several installed Rokus and haven't yet received 13.0 on any of them.

Roku menu path "Settings > System > System update" will show you your current Roku version number. Down in the lower left corner of this screen it will also show you when your last update was installed.

A new release sometimes creates problems that must be addressed. If you are having a new problem with your Roku, does its beginning coincide with your installation date?

In past major Roku updates, I've found that updating the Roku software may not automatically update all channel apps that have new versions to accommodate the Roku update. I don't know if this is the case with this update. Manually running an additional update check as soon as you receive the Roku update can make sure you have the latest versions of all your channel apps and prevent many update-related problems (Settings > System > System update > Check now).

Despite having had access to the Roku update as it was being developed, some channels may take a while for their developers to issue needed updates, so a manual update check as above to catch any more recent updates is always a good first step when running into specific channel problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
countrylizzard
Binge Watcher

Yup I have the same issue, I just bought a new roku tv april 24th and when I set it up it only updated to 12.5.0 and the other day it tried to update again but funny thing is the build number and software remained the same 12.5.0 GO FIGURE. Hopefully itll just update to 13 on its own eventually. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.