Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott22
Channel Surfer

tv suddenly not detecting consoles

Three days ago I was able to play the nintendo switch on my tv. Now all of a sudden it's saying no signal. I go to my xbox one, it says no signal. I tried unplugging it and holding the power button on the remote for thirty seconds, nothing changed. I switched the hdmi slots and it still doesn't work. It was working perfectly fine and now all of a sudden NOTHING works.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: tv suddenly not detecting consoles

Hi @scott22,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than delighted to assist you further with this problem that you're having with the Roku TV. Please disconnect the HDMI cable from your source device and the TV and then reconnect, making sure the connection is secure. If the issue continues, try using a different or new HDMI cable. Connect your source device to a different HDMI port on your TV, and then change the TV input to match the port used.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Having the same issue with our Nintendo Switch.  Has worked fine for about a year, now getting error.

No Signal. (Is it on?)

Never had trouble before.  

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Heartlikecoffee,

Thank you for posting.

Have you tried the suggested fix by @RokuJohnB? Changing the HDMI cable would most likely sort out this concern so we highly recommend trying it.

Please let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Ive got the same issue. ive tried different cables and diffrent ports. HDMI 1 works for my comuter, but not for my nintendo switch or my PS4

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate having you here, @prdallemagne.

Thanks for sharing with us the experience you had. We understand you're having an issue with your Roku device. We're here to assist.

Could you share with us the following details?

• May we know what Roku device you have?
  • Does your game console work with other TVs?
  • When did you start having this issue?

With more details, we will be able to provide you with an accurate resolution. We're hoping for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m experiencing the same thing, switched hdmi cords and ports multiple times. It was working just fine the night before. I have a Onn. Roku tv and I’m having trouble with it saying “no signal” when trying to play on my play station. It detects that it’s there when trying to remove the channel from my Home Screen and my PlayStation is turning on just won’t pop up on the screen for some reason 

0 Kudos
ShawnVFC

Yea same for me, My Xbox has been streaming to my tv for almost 2 years and just now it’s acting like my Xbox isn’t even on even though it is, i don’t know if it’s my Xbox or my TV or My HDMI cord but it’s just so weird

Its a Hisense Roku TV and I’m trying to connect it to a Xbox Series S console 

0 Kudos
Rjnaef764

Sir I have had the same issue I have a new Xbox series x and two Roku tvs one is ONN 50 inch and the other Roku 32 inch.

i plug the console in and get the no signal(is it on )  message. I changed the HDMI cord to a high speed one even tried other things no avail  yet it works on each of my sons TVs both which are not Roku. 
what do I do to play my system 

0 Kudos
haoyuan80s

We were just experiencing the same issue. Was able to play Nintendo last night on Roku tv. Then today no image but only audio. We tried changing cables and ports. No luck. We verified that Switch with the same cable was working well with our screen monitor. So it's the TV's problem. We eventually restart Roku system and it's good now.

Settings -> System -> Power -> Restart system

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.