Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros after firmware update reboot

@shelbybaun 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
murdstone
Reel Rookie

This link worked for me - good luck.

https://support.roku.com/article/208755668

0 Kudos
RayDeAna

Onn. TV (2)

Just purchased and not are showing MAC address as 0. No other problems with other WiFi connections. 

X0010048CUYN
S04DL078CUYN
9.4.0 BUILD 4190-CE

0 Kudos
RedDanic

Hello, Can I get on the downgrade list please.

Roku TV 711X

TCL 55S401

SN YN00N298785

Current build is 9.4 build 4190-30

I have tried every method of resetting the TV in this thread, as well as an attempt to manually update the tv using a USB but I recieved a message saying the TV already had the latest version and that downgrading wasn't an option?

Thank you

0 Kudos
murdstone
Reel Rookie

Folks - try this - it worked for me - https://support.roku.com/article/208755668

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RedDanic 

Thanks for the post and information.

Did you just set up your Roku TV or have you been previously using the TV and now its showing a MAC address of zeros?

Just to be clear, did is the issue you are experiencing happen after you updated your Roku TV?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pwalker91

I'm having the same issue! It stopped working randomly it's been working previously. 

Roku Tv: 8220X

Model: 32H4030

Serial Number: YKOOU3294179

Software Version: 9.4 build 4190-90

Device ID: QXM01U294179

0 Kudos
detchey

MAC address all zeros!

I have had my tv for some time now. It is showing MAC address as all zeros! I called and waited on hold for a half an hour only to be told she couldn’t help me and gave me another number to call. You call that number and it doesn’t work due to the pandemic. So I send an email. They message me back and ask me to provide them with the tv about info. I send them a picture of it. And have not heard anything back! Terrible customer service and no help to fix an issue that they created with a ridiculous upgrade!!!! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: MAC address all zeros!

@detchey 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period. Please be patient as our Support team is doing their best to reach out to every customer that is experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skynet
Binge Watcher

Re: MAC address all zeros!

I’m having same issue with my hisense roku tv. How can engineering mess up with embedded MAC address in hardware unless if roku using some software to create MAC addresses. Should I return the tv and get google tv