Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MerMer
Reel Rookie

Roku tv - No MAC address or internet access

My tv was working great until yesterday. Now it won’t connect to my internet, nor will it even bring up my phone’s hotspot. 

I have tried everything, from restarting the router, the tv, to even a factory reset. Nothing is working. I just bought this 70” roku tv four days ago. Does anyone know what to do? 

FMcDR
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku tv - No MAC address or internet access

Good luck with this. I have the exact same problem for a week now and have gotten nowhere with both the RCA and Roku.

MerMer
Reel Rookie

It’s ridiculous when my other TVs work just fine. 

Kasieann

If you figure out how to fix the problem please share. This is exactly what my tv is doing. Worked just fine last night abs won’t work at all today. Keeps saying my MAC address is all zeros. 😩

MerMer
Reel Rookie

@Kasieann I will definitely let you know!!! 

0 Kudos

My girls tv are doing the same thing and tried everything..

0 Kudos
FMcDR
Binge Watcher

MAC address zeros

@RokuDanny-R

So it's been three weeks now since my tv up and stopped working. This is not a post looking for suggestions on how to fix it. I've been all through these forums and have found at least 20 people with the exact problem but Roku refuses to take responsibility and keeps trying to put it off to the manufactures. I asked them how the heck Roku tvs from many different manufacturers and all bought at different times from 1 1/2yrs to a week ago all stop working with the exact problem of MAC address all 0000's and not finding ANY wirless networks. They told me it was a tech problem and twice outright refused to answer my question. When I told them I wasn't going away and I would be reporting them I was told my problem was being escalated to a supervisor. Well that was over a week agoi and I still haven't heard peep from a supervisor let alone the Roku employees on this community despite tagging them. This is major Bull%^it and quite frankly I'm going to tell everyone what a bloody scam anything from Roku is. I'm just so pissed off at the complete and utter disregard they have for all of us who paid for their **bleep** tech.

I have tried everything to fix my tv and am not a tech newbie by far. The problem is them and they need to man up and admit what they've done

TVProblems

Re: MAC address zeros

Same problem. Only had Tv for 2 years. Shouldn't break down this soon. Tried everything didn't help

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend trying to perform a manual update by using an ethernet cable and seeing if the issue is resolved. For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OlePineapple
Channel Surfer

The manual update didn't work for me because I kept getting an error that said the firmware server was having connection issues (error 008).

I just got my tv back from warranty repair today and it looks like they just shipped me a new tv.  Will confirm later when I get home.