Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rad71
Reel Rookie

cant watch old shows, only live

cant watch old shows, bought new roku and it does the same thing, checked internet and all connections are fine. Whats the problem?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: cant watch old shows, only live

Hey @rad71,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about the issue you're having, and we certainly want to help you regarding this. Could tell us more about the issue you're running into? What specific channel or show are you trying to watch? Additionally, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to address the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rad71
Reel Rookie

I've been only able to see live TV shows, no old movies or series.  I was watching Scarecrow and Mrs. King and after the episode finished, i could not load any more episodes.  I' ve tried other series like Bones, Crossing Jordan and the same thing happens.   It goes to the episode you want to watch, but when you hit play button, it does not connect. I checked the connection and tested it, all good. I did all the upgrades, all up to date.  I did a factory reset before i bought a new roku, and nothing worked.  I bought a new roku and it does the same thing.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rad71,

Thank you for the follow up information regarding the issue you ran into. We also want to appreciate you for the actions taken to troubleshoot. 

Please be advised that we have taken note of the information you have provided us, and we would like to ask additional details to work on it. 

• What specific channel are you trying to watch content on? 
  • Have you tried removing the channel from your Roku device, then making sure to restart your Roku device before after adding the channel again? 
  • Lastly, we also recommend trying to connect your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue.

If you can provide us with the above information it would be very helpful, and we hope to hear more from you.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos