Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
queenctown
Channel Surfer

Voice remote commands freeze TV

Jump to solution

Commands from my voice remote (like "channel xx" and "power off") all of sudden freeze up the TV.    It looks like it may have coincided with the latest software update.   I've reset the TV, re-paired the remote and checked for software updates.

Anybody experiencing this and/or know how to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice remote commands freeze TV

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that there was a service interruption impacting Roku Voice remotes with Alexa and Google. We believe this issue is now resolved.

We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue and keeping us posted.

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
tarzxf

Jump to solution

Using other devices (Alexa) also causes a freeze and eventual crash on 55S535

Tags (2)
Prisoner428
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I started having a similar problem on 2/6/23. Whenever voice command is used to change inputs or channels my Hisense Roku TV will freeze then seemingly crash. After 1 or 2 system restarts it is back to the home screen. I tried system rest, re-pair remote, check update, reset network connections, clear cache, and hard factory reset. After all that I tired to use to Roku app and the same issue happened. On the app when microphone is used for anything it will kick me out and the TV will freeze, the app will say that the device is asleep and it will try to wake it. At this point the TV will crash and the app will lose connection. Other than this post I can't find any mention of it anywhere else that is close to what I am experiencing.

0 Kudos
Thebassixx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here brand doesn’t matter and voice control doesn’t matter can’t perform any voice commands at all without freeze and restart 

hisense and tcl brands here 

Thebassixx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Adding that all of my TVs show a last update date of Dec 12, 2022 mans checked today with no updates waiting 

queenctown
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's suddenly started working again!    The only thing I changed was under "Advanced system settings, Control by mobile apps" to "Permissive".   It's a TCL TV.  

Prisoner428
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just tried it myself. It did not work for me.

After a few minutes it started working again.. strange. I wonder if that fixed it or if their recent update fixed it. It's also strange that that affected their own remote control. At any rate I'm glad that it's working now.

0 Kudos
queenctown
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a feeling that was just a fluke,  I don't know the real reason it worked.     But it's obviously a problem across devices for at least some of us. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that there was a service interruption impacting Roku Voice remotes with Alexa and Google. We believe this issue is now resolved.

We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue and keeping us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same with my sharp Roku tv

0 Kudos