Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoffmanellis
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV -- YouTube TV "Down" button glitch

Jump to solution

In the past few days, my TV will not scroll down and highlight the channel choices, unless I click the down button to highlight the "TV Network" button -- and then click back up and down a second time. The same glitch applies to all of the menu bar choices -- "cc", "+", "Episodes", etc.

I have applied all of the usual remedies -- batteries, removing and then re-adding the YouTube TV app, etc.

ONLY the YouTube TV app has this issue, and it is only the one function that has this glitch.

Other than adding a stand alone Roku or Apple TV device, does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this issue?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV -- YouTube TV "Down" button glitch -- SOLVED

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Vf21pj!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and no worries! We'd be more than happy to be of assistance so you can get back on streaming the YouTube TV channel again.

Before we proceed, may we know if this is an isolated case within the YouTube TV channel only? If so, it will be highly effective to directly contact the channel providers themselves as this is a feature issue inside their channel. 

You can reach YouTube TV support through their official website. 

In the meantime, you can highlight the channel tile of the YouTube TV channel and press the star (*) button to update it. We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV -- YouTube TV "Down" button glitch

Jump to solution

Hi @hoffmanellis,

We appreciate you for reaching out to us about this and welcome to the Roku Community!

Does this issue also occur when using the Roku mobile app as a remote? Give it a try and let us know if that reproduces the same issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BVHawkeye
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and the roku app does not change the issue

Downloaded multiple Iphone remote apps and the issue is the same on all of them

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hoffmanellis,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, have you tried removing the affected channel to see if it helps?

In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps that you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

If the steps provided on the Support page still aren't helping, please keep us posted, and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BVHawkeye
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried everything suggested… problem still occuring

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @BVHawkeye 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the issue you've brought to our attention, and we'd like to gather more information for us to understand the issue better and to assist you further. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Is this happening to YouTube TV or does it happen with other apps too?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?
  • When did you notice this issue started to occur?
  • What specific Roku device you are having issues with?

With more details we receive, we'll be able to assist you further. Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hoffmanellis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE --

Looks like the issue is with the YouTube TV app -- not Roku.  I borrowed a friends newer FireTV stick, and it had the exact same problem.  Will contact YouTube TV

0 Kudos
Vf21pj

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem for a few days now too. I have multiple YouTube TV app on 3 TV's and they all do the same thing. 

Press down and it goes normal to choices but then you can't click down again to any other channel selection.

I've changed batteries. Uninstalled and rebooted TV's and installed fresh. Same thing keeps happening. 

Very annoying.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Vf21pj!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and no worries! We'd be more than happy to be of assistance so you can get back on streaming the YouTube TV channel again.

Before we proceed, may we know if this is an isolated case within the YouTube TV channel only? If so, it will be highly effective to directly contact the channel providers themselves as this is a feature issue inside their channel. 

You can reach YouTube TV support through their official website. 

In the meantime, you can highlight the channel tile of the YouTube TV channel and press the star (*) button to update it. We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pookster77

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue!  It’s driving me crazy. Have we found a solution ?

0 Kudos