Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cam1eron

Roku turning off please help me

Jump to solution

Randomly throughout the month my TV will turn itself off and back on. It does it on its own and never makes any noise indicating that a button was hit or voice triggered. It will do it when I’m watching shows on any platform and send me back home when it turns on. I have a 32” TCL Roku TV. I’ve had it since 2020. Does anyone know what is happening or how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku turning off please help me

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @cam1eron!

Thank you for informing us about the restart crash issue with your TCL Roku TV. We apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you. We are here to help you find the best possible solution.

In this case, may we first know when you noticed or experienced this issue and what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Also, kindly try to manually check for software updates on your Roku streaming player by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Software update > Check Now.

For reference on how to update the software version of your Roku TV, kindly visit our support page: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards.
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku turning off please help me

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @cam1eron!

Thank you for informing us about the restart crash issue with your TCL Roku TV. We apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you. We are here to help you find the best possible solution.

In this case, may we first know when you noticed or experienced this issue and what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Also, kindly try to manually check for software updates on your Roku streaming player by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Software update > Check Now.

For reference on how to update the software version of your Roku TV, kindly visit our support page: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards.
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos