Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmw333

Insignia Roku tv won’t complete system update and none of the apps will launch

Jump to solution

None of my apps will launch. Have checked and rechecked for updates several times. Have done several system restarts. Have done a factory reset. None of this has worked. Each time I restart, it says it’s finalizing update but stays stuck at 0% and then shows an error. This is what the error says:

Unable to Update

Something went wrong. You can check your network settings, reset your device or try updating again.
Device ID:xxxxxxx

Error 023.2

this is for an Insignia Roku TV that’s a few years old.

the internet connection is very strong and speed is good. All of my other devices are working just fine.

When I try launching apps some just restart the whole system, other say there no network connection, but there is.

any suggestions for this? This has been ongoing for a couple weeks.
thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insignia Roku tv won’t complete system update and none of the apps will launch

Jump to solution

Hi @Ledgz1121,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

I see that you're also experiencing an issue where you can't complete the system update and we'd like to help you out.

Try using an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and then attempt to update to see if you can surpass it.

But if this doesn't apply, we suggest updating it via USB and see if that helps.

For detailed instructions, you can check our support page here: How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV system

We hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insignia Roku tv won’t complete system update and none of the apps will launch

Jump to solution

Hi @Bmw333,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Let's see if these troubleshooting steps work for you.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Then try to reconnect your device to that network and then try again if there are any differences.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ledgz1121

Jump to solution

Am having the exact same problem the reset connection solution did not help

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ledgz1121,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

I see that you're also experiencing an issue where you can't complete the system update and we'd like to help you out.

Try using an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and then attempt to update to see if you can surpass it.

But if this doesn't apply, we suggest updating it via USB and see if that helps.

For detailed instructions, you can check our support page here: How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV system

We hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos