Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyGee94_

Only sound, no picture, Roku TCL 55”

Jump to solution

I had my Roku TCL 55” Tv playing, when I noticed that the sound was going, but there was no picture. When I tried to turn it off/on, the TCL Roku screen comes up for a split second before going black again. I hear sounds when I press the remote but no image.
Serial # 2108NTM001455400657
Model # 55S431

i came on here and tried all the fixes (unplugging, factory reset, holding the power button, etc) and it’s still not working. 

I bought it 2 years ago, and feel like it should’ve lasted longer than this. Please help! 
-TonyGee94_

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Only sound, no picture, Roku TCL 55”

Jump to solution

Hi, @TonyGee94_

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have experienced with your TCL Roku TV. With your post, it comes into view that the TCL Roku TV is showing signs of a hardware issue. For this matter, we recommend reaching out to TCL's support directly and letting them know about the issue you have encountered with their TVs.

The Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for its TV models, as it uses Roku as the main operating system for its TVs.

For more information, you can see TCL's support contact information Contact your Roku TV manufacturer

Hoping this will be addressed soon. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TonyGee94_, I've probably posted this a hundred times.  If you can shine a bright light on your TV and see a picture your backlight has probably failed.  These cheap Chinese TVs seem to be prone to it.  It has nothing to do with it being a Roku TV.  Research "TCL backlight failure" and you'll find many, many people in the same boat.  Don't bother contacting TCL - they'll only tell you it's no longer under warranty and won't help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @TonyGee94_

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have experienced with your TCL Roku TV. With your post, it comes into view that the TCL Roku TV is showing signs of a hardware issue. For this matter, we recommend reaching out to TCL's support directly and letting them know about the issue you have encountered with their TVs.

The Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for its TV models, as it uses Roku as the main operating system for its TVs.

For more information, you can see TCL's support contact information Contact your Roku TV manufacturer

Hoping this will be addressed soon. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.