Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHPArizona
Reel Rookie

dark spots at bottom of screen, may be dust inside screen

Jump to solution

any idea to to remove dark spots at bottom of screen? They are rounded humps and llok like dust. tried cleaning front of screen to no avail. Don't want to take apart if there is another alternative or no way to remove whatever is the cause.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: dark spots at bottom of screen, may be dust inside screen

Jump to solution

Hi @JHPArizona,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your TV.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to hardware. We recommend contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here:
Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
JHPArizona
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will look into that. However with the low cost of 32" screen TV's not sure about ROI of proffessional service. Was an electronic tech for more than 20yrs before joining software company. Feel comfortable getting at screen and was wondering if anyone had seen this problem and resolved it. External cleaning was first thing I tried.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JHPArizona,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your TV.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to hardware. We recommend contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here:
Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JHPArizona
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply Chel. However in my previous reply I stated I was an electronic tech for 20 yrs repairing medical equipment experience. I was looking if anyone here had tried to remove the debris and how successful they were. If I choose to go ahead and take my tv apart and clean, I will post an update on my success or failure.

Thanks, Jim

Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

How big are those spots?  I don’t think I’ve ever noticed dust inside of any TV or monitor.  I have seen screens with uneven backlighting.  (Though typically not noticeable except when displaying a solid color image.)

I think you’d have better luck at a general AV forum.  There isn’t a lot of DIY here and many Rokus don’t even have screens. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.