Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

[OS 12.5.5] Seems to have broken eARC soundbar setup

Can I get help reverting my OS version back to 10.5.2 ?

Due to the audio issue, TCL send me a completely new television. The audio worked perfectly fine and 10.5.2 was the Roku version installed. As soon as I updated the software of Roku to the latest version which is 12.5.5, the audio immediately broke. This television was fresh out of the box and working perfectly fine just a minute before. I have had this problem ongoing now for 9 months and troubleshooted this endlessly.

@RokuArjiemar @RokuJanadeeK @RokuJechealR 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 12.5.5] Seems to have broken eARC soundbar setup

Hi @Paulzstar,

Thank you for keeping the Roku Community in the loop.

We apologize for any trouble this has caused, and we appreciate you notifying us of the noticed issue following the upgrade.

We will be able to notify the appropriate team, but we will want further information. Could you please inform us if you use any audio external players, and if so, what brand and model they are?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

I have tried three different sound bars. TCL support literally shipped me a sound bar just for testing overnight via FedEx. It is not a soundbar problem. I've been troubleshooting this for 9 months. 9 months with both Roku and TCL. We know exactly what the problem is. It is the OS 12.5 just like the dozens of other people in this forum. Please please get me connected to a Roku engineer that can roll back my software to 10.5.2

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Paulzstar,

Thanks for the update, and we're sorry for the late response about this!

We'll need reinforcement from the concerned team and also need your help.

Please help us provide the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • External speaker tried make/model.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

Roku device model - TCL 75R655

Hardware ID - J103X

serial number - X02100EFU9LS

device ID - S0GW532FU9LS

software OS/version - 12.5.5 build 4174-DK

Please someone help me revert my OS way back to 10.5.2. that OS version worked perfect for HDMI ARC audio. The version 12.5.5 broke audio.

20240202_161224.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Paulzstar,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the extra details!

We'd like to know as well the brand/model of the soundbar that you're trying to connect with this device.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

The soundbar is definitely not the problem. My television manufacturer TCL sent me a brand new TCL sound bar with new HDMI cords just for the purpose of testing. They were perfectly compatible but HDMI ARC still did not work. I sent them back and now use my Vizio sound bar. Details are below. This is a Roku software OS problem, not a soundbar problem. Please help me revert my OS to 10.5.2.

Soundbar model: Vizio SB3651-E6

Serial number: SZZOWJKV2206857

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Paulzstar,

We've got your back! 

We'll take this one from here and forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

I'll make sure to get back here along with any update available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TRS80Brent

Has there been any movement on this?  12.5.5 broke my system as well as soon as it updated.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @TRS80Brent 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. We understand that you're experiencing an issue regarding your Roku audio setup. Could you please us with the following information? This would be critical for us to take further action once we have the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • External speaker/s connected.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from your response.

Best wishes

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos