Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelica3
Channel Surfer

Roku TV keeps crashing and taking me out of the app and back to the home screen

Roku TV is keeps getting me out of the apps back to the Home screen and I can't find any solution to this. I tried to restart the system, remove the channels, restart the internet, turned of the bandwidth and nothing stop the Roku TV form taking me out of the apps. This is so frustrating because I have 3 TLC Roku TVs and them started all doing this a week ago. This is happening with Disney+, HBO Max, Netflix etc.. not letting us to watch TV. 

This is the info of one of the TVs. But I have 3 of them and all of them started doing the same this week. A Roku customer support agent told me it is a hardware problem. Can you believe all three TVs got hardware problem at the same time??? This is a software issue!! 

Model: 7127X - Roku TV
Serial number: YN004A369794 (HJ78A4369794)
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-30
Timestamp: 2022-07-09T16:59:09Z
Issue ID 94-273-179 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV keeps crashing and taking me out of the app and back to the home screen

@Angelica3

Thanks for the post and providing us with your Roku TV details.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV keeps crashing and taking me out of the app and back to the home screen

I have searched everywhere for a solution to this but the links given don't work and all of the suggestions have not worked. My TV still won't stream most apps. It will play for about 30 seconds then return to the Roku menu. 

0 Kudos
Alphazpax

Having the same issue. I have updated my roku apps. It happens alot with YouTube.  My husband is getting frustrated with this. Need it fixed immediately. No extra plug ins. It has the power cord it was bought with from Walmart. So I know its not that. Please someone help !!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Alphazpax,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this playback issue. We'd love to assist and see how we can get you started.

We've got some basic troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know what you find out, and we hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos