Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV went blank and black screen nothing is coming up tried all troubleshooting but no luck

Hi @MANJU,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear about the black screen issue you are experiencing with your Roku device. Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, Kindly provide the necessary information below: 

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
  • When was the issue first noticed
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CUTigerJLSII
Reel Rookie

Re: TV went blank and black screen nothing is coming up tried all troubleshooting but no luck

@RokuMary-F@RokuLianna, when will we get an estimate on a fix to the problem reported?

I have been without a TV for a while now, my 55”, and I am worried that our 65” will be next!

Others here have been without a TV for a long while.

Regards!

0 Kudos
MANJU
Reel Rookie

Hi mary,

we are facing this issue from 2 weeks and it’s the 1st time happened during this 6 months it’s 55 TCL ROku TV and please reach us [personal information removed] for any details required , thanks again

thanks ,

kavya kr

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MANJU,

Thanks for following up regarding your issue with your Roku TV which is experiencing a black screen while the audio continues.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In addition, please feel free to post the information in a reply or if you feel more comfortable, you can send the information in a PM.

Once we have this required information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CUTigerJLSII,

Thanks for following up.

We appreciate you letting us know about this Roku TV issue. We apologized for the delay in a solution. Rest assured that we have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi @RokuMary-F ,

I’m having the exact same issue as all the others. I cannot see the screen, even with a flashlight. I triggered the tracker id, but I could not see it. I initiated it at 8:27pm (central time) on 4-March-23. Can you please support and provide a solution? Let me know if you need any other information from me.

0 Kudos
tjaburke8
Reel Rookie

Roku TV 43S431 is on but screen is black

It’s happening again!  

Holding reset button on my 43” Roku TV (43S431) for minutes does nothing. No problems with our newer TCL Roku TVs but the 43” is less than 18 months old.

** Following this conversation for help

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV 43S431 is on but screen is black

Hi @agchapdaddy @tjaburke8

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We apologize to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV. Our support team is already aware fo the issue and currently conducting an investigation, we'd like to include your details and submit them to the team. Could you provide the details below, if available? 

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
  • When was the issue first noticed
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

We'll keep an eye on the details and help you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Fatime
Reel Rookie

Don’t bother!!! They been saying the same effing thing for months now!!! It’s always “Our support team is already aware of the issue and currently conducting an investigation” and then they continue to ignore the issue!! It’s their copy and paste answer to every single one of us!! It’s a joke absolute joke. Just make sure all y’all tell people to not buy this **bleep** tv!! 

0 Kudos
ggarcia
Channel Surfer

My TV has also gone black.  TCL Model # 50S435.   It was working fine yesterday and then out of nowhere went black.  I can hear the voices but no picture.  

please let me know when this has been fixed and how to fix.  reset has not worked.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.