Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJDandino
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

When was the last time TV was used without issue - 12 hours ago

When was the issue first noticed - 12 hours ago

Is the issue popping up when you start the TV - The TV just stays black when I start up

Is the issue happening during a content playback - i can't play anything back... Just black screen

brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV) - TCL RokuTV 75S425

Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)

date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID SAT FEB 25, 2023 1:49 PM EST

can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight YES

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @AJDandino

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We will forward your information to the team for further investigation, but we require more information to proceed. Have you performed a factory reset on your Roku TV? Please provide the 12 alphanumeric characters of the Roku TV serial number found on the back of your device. Alternatively, you can send us a private message with the potential other email address linked to your Roku account.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AJDandino
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuNimfa-C 

I tried factory reset several times and it appears that it did reset. When I use flashlight at the screen I can see the setup prompt asking to select language, although it won't let me select anything.

Serial # is 1909GTCO06129A02594

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@AJDandino 

Thanks for the update. 

We appreciate the details provided. I have passed the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Re: Roku onn 70in black screen never dropped restart does not work

Last time TV used without issue: 8:00am PT Feb. 25, 2023

First noticed: 7:00 pm PT Feb. 25, 2023

Yes the issue is occurring when starting TV

Brand and model: TCL 55S405

Tracker ID: can’t see

Tracker ID date stamp: 2/25/2023 at 7:46 pm PT

Yes can see picture with flashlight

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @rsmortenson

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize to hear that you have also experienced the same issue with your Roku TV. Your details have been forwarded to the Roku team for further investigation.

We are dedicated to resolving this issue. We'll update once information is available. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
TR71
Reel Rookie

There is obviously a bigger problem than a backlight issue.  I was reading Walmart.com reviews of TCL and TCL/Roku televisions and this issue seems to be common. These companies don't seem to be eager to accept responsibility and/or correct the problem.  My Roku television made it 93 days before the screen went black.  

0 Kudos
tseurer19
Channel Surfer

Hello,

Since we seem to be getting no assistance from Roku, lets do it ourselves.

Has anyone in this chat taken a TV in with this issue to be serviced? Has it helped? Did anyone get it fixed? Or are we wasting our time and money trying to get it serviced?

Been without a TV for almost a month and haven't gotten any help from Roku, TLC or any teams.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
vvachon

I need help ASAP my tv screen is black i have sound and picture of the movie but when i pusto watch it the screen goes black ,very frustrated Please help

MANJU
Reel Rookie

TV went blank and black screen nothing is coming up tried all troubleshooting but no luck

TV screen went blank and nothing is coming up except black screen audio is working tried all troubleshooting but no luck 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.