Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV 43S431 is on but screen is black

Hi @ggarcia,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku TV experiencing a black screen while the audio continues. 

Kindly provide the required information requested by @RokuNimfa-C and we will share these details with the appropriate team for further investigation.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ggarcia
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C 

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
    • Last night 3/5/2023
  • When was the issue first noticed
    • it was working fine last night and then all of sudden went black.  
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
    • when i turn on the tv the TCL home screen will come on for 1/2 a second and then it goes black and stays black.
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • this happens from the moment i turn the tv on 
    • If so, what streaming channel?
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
    • TCL 50S435 
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • can't see this due to a black screen 
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight
    • NO
0 Kudos
tjaburke8
Reel Rookie

When was the last time TV was used without issue?

Saturday morning 3/4/23

When was the issue first noticed?

Saturday evening 3/4/23

Is the issue popping up when you start the TV?

Yes the issue occurs when the tv is on 

Is the issue happening during a content playback?

There is no content playback because the screen is black

If so, what streaming channel? 

N/a

brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV) 

TCL 43” Roku TV
Model #43S431

Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen) date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight?

No I cannot see anything with or without a flashlight. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ggarcia,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing information about the issue with Roku TV.

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We apologized for the delay in a solution. I have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation.

Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tjaburke8,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ggarcia
Channel Surfer

im off to best buy to buy another tv.   not knowing what the issue is and how to fix it doesnt sit well with me.  its sad because i really liked my tcl roku tv.  unfortunately my new one will not be a roku.   

0 Kudos
akaAUGUST
Reel Rookie

They're not going to help us. It's a faulty backlight/LED issue and they know it. It happened to me once last year, $220 to fix at a tech shop. Happened again a couple weeks ago, this time $150 to fix. I might as well have bought a new TV.

But I know this much, I will NEVER buy a TCL or Roku product again, and I'm telling everyone I know not to either

DL4500
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

It's been over 3 weeks and so far there is no progress in any resolution to the problem.  Based on the posts, this problem exists in various brands and sizes. One thing they have in common is Roku.

From the official response, I'm not sure if the Roku development team is:

(a) actively working on a resolution, or

(b) they were unable to identify the root cause of the problem, or

(c) they know how to fix it

I've been involved with software development for over 30 years. A major problem without any resolution or official progress status for this length of time is unheard of. As this surely can damage the reputation or perception of Roku customer service.

My recommendation is to replace it with Amazon, Google, or another brand of smart TV which what I'm doing. Vote with your dollar!!

0 Kudos

My 55 inch TCL worked fine then I tried to flip thru the live TV option when the screen went black but the sound works. What should I do. I tried reset and unplugging

0 Kudos
Paul65
Streaming Star

Probably the same thing I did when my 75" tcl S the bed.  Go shopping.  TCL doesn't care, roku doesn't care.  Bought an 85" Sony that runs Google TV.  VERY happy with it.  I'm writing off the other as a very expensive lesson learned to not buy **bleep** I never even heard of a few years ago 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.