Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hisense 4Serise-40 tv has atrocious input lag and game mode stutters like crazy

The new hisense 4Serise-40 tv I just bought has some of the worst input lag I have ever seen on a tv and when I put game mode on it stutters every 3-5 seconds. 

It is version 11.50.5 build 4846

I heard there was a 12.0 update but my tv says it's up to date.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

I bought it pretty much just to game with.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26

Re: New hisense 4Serise-40 tv has atrocious input lag and game mode stutters like crazy

I have the same problem on my 65in Hisense, except it was working fine and in the last week when using the Roku app and Bluetooth headphones it stutters allot when on YouTube only, everything else works well.  I get no stuttering when the headphones aren't connected. Let me know if anyone figures this out please.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New hisense 4Serise-40 tv has atrocious input lag and game mode stutters like crazy

Hi @Emotion_Engine,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you're experiencing with the Roku TV. Do you have any other device/s connected to your Roku TV? (e.g. speakers and another sound system) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? In the meantime, please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chuckmcbrayer,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be delighted to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku TV. Have you tried to use a different Bluetooth headphone and see if that fixes the issue?

You can also check out this support link here on how to resolve an issue with private listening.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grahamjust
Channel Surfer

Hi this did not fix my issue.  Game mode is hard lagging and no game mode has serious input lag

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Grahamjust!

No worries. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible regarding your concern.

Kindly visit our Support article on How to fix video lag on game mode.

Please let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be looking forward to your update! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grahamjust
Channel Surfer

Hi the link you provided took me to a page talking about having wireless audio devices connected. Nothing in my message ever mentioned that and I do not have any connected at all.  Just issues with a brand new TV not working due to input lag and game lag

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your response @Grahamjust,

If you need additional help with your Roku TV, please feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer. https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/  or at 1-888-935-8880

When contacting the TV manufacturer, you may need your TV model number. If you cannot find this information on the back panel of your Roku TV, use your Roku TV remote and go to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rockutv
Channel Surfer

About a year has passed and this stupid bug hasn't been fixed!

Enabling game mode introduces a stutter/micro freeze every 10 or 11 seconds.

I did a test, and when audio is not coming from the connected device, the stutter is almost unnoticeable, about an 8th of a second or so, it is still there but is not as annoying.

Here's my tv info:

Model (back of tv): 40H4030F4

About info:

Hisense model: 4Series-40

Hardware ID: K201X

Serial number: X02700U7JFJ7

Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4846-G5

Device ID: S0VAY347JFJ7

Issue ID: J7-397-157

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rockutv,

Thanks for elaborating on this issue.

Would you mind checking for device updates manually by going to Settings > System > System Update > Check now?

Please keep us updated so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos