Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beejer
Reel Rookie

Re: Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

I have the same issue as Hellbound. You’ve stated what Smart Guide is for (which we know) but you’re not telling us why it’s not working as it’s supposed to? I watch mostly OTA channels all day. Say I turn my tv on at 12:30, ch 29 for price is Right and I leave my channel there until 5:00. I want to change my channel at 5:00 so I push the arrow key to go to the ch selector and it is still displaying 12:30, Price is Right when it should be displaying what programs are on at the current time of 5:00. Why is that not happening?

HellBound
Streaming Star

I turned on my TV at 6:30 am today. When I select Live TV from the home screen it loads the Guide and it displays the correct time. I selected a channel to watch and when it starts playing the bottom information screen that gives you the show details displays the time 1 hour in the future. I then select the left arrow on the remote to open the guide and it now also displays the time 1 hour in the future and you can't scroll back to the current time.

I have several Roku based TV's and all have the same issue. Hear is what I tried with no luck:

• Changing zip codes.
  • Scanning for channels and let it finish both Antenna and Cable.
  • System Restarts
  • System Resets
  • Un-plugging the TV for 30 minutes

At this point the community has proven this is a software bug. We will have to wait and see if Roku fixes all the issues with the guide instead of pushing new un-needed features for the guide.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HellBound @Beejer,

Thanks for keeping us posted and providing the information.

Rest assured that we have acknowledged your concern, and we would like to further assist you with this. We'll need additional information from your end for us to have details to work on. Kindly provide the following below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on a channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to work on the issue and resolve it.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenBree
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. The home screen shows the correct time. Live TV guide shows a different time.

65" TCL Roku TV

TCL model:  655451

Hardware ID:  G138X

Serial number:  X01200F543TH

Software version:  12.0.0 • build 4190-C

Roku TV support

support.tcl.com/us

Device ID SOJUH29543TH

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

hi @QueenBree,

Welcome to your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we understand that you're having the same issue as mentioned in this thread. We also want to appreciate you for providing the information regarding your device. For us to further investigate, kindly provide the additional details below:

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information you provide is important to us since these will be the details that we'll work on.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenBree
Reel Rookie

What Is My IP?

My Public IPv4 is: 166.199.168.73 E

My Public IPv6 is: Not Detected My IP Location is: Hazard, KY US

(by way of Bogue Chitto, MS)

My ISP is: AT&T Mobility LLC

*note* Using my Hotspot from iPhone 11

Model: G138X - Roku TV

Serial number: X01200F543TH (SOJUH29543TH)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4190-CG

GC version: 9.5.513

Timestamp: 2023-08-16T17:43:56Z

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @QueenBree,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

The information you provided is greatly appreciated, and this is important to us. Rest assured that we have taken note of this, and the appropriate Roku team is informed about your concern. Once we hear back from them, we'll provide an update here in the Community as soon as possible.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuTakashi You do know that many of us here have come to believe the Roku employees who post here, are just bots, since you all say the very same, scripted response, asking for a whole list of details, with promises of getting the team right on it, and you'll keep us updated. Yet these issues aren't solved, nor do we ever see updates. Your last promise was made a month ago, about an issue that's been ongoing for months, yet no update, no fix, no nothing but more empty words.
Not sure why Roku believes this is any kind of "customer support", assurances of fixes and updates with never any solutions offered, word of an upcoming software update, or even some actual conversation.  We're not idiots here, we see what's going on, and that it only gives the impression the company just doesn't give a **bleep**, and that all you Roku "people" may just as well be as unhelpful as those "live chat" bots on other websites, that can only ask questions,  but never offer any actual help....

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We acknowledged your input, @StevenCee.

Please be aware that the Engineering team has requested the information that moderators are asking for here. They must collect the needed details in order to further examine it and come up with the best resolution possible, as every Roku streaming device or TV's information is unique. We strive to reach your satisfaction and convenience; thus, we do our best to supply you with troubleshooting procedures as a workaround. If the issue still persists, that is when we ask for that information. 

If we receive updates or more information has been provided to us from our Engineering team, we always make sure to update the thread or issue a public announcement. 

If you could provide the information that @RokuTakashi is requesting, we would be more than willing to forward your concern, as well as your device's information, to our Engineering team for further review. 

We'll be looking forward to your response. Hope this clears everything out.

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BMW102974
Binge Watcher

My information is buried somewhere in this thread. The fact that this is still an ongoing issue for me and others months later is showing us that you all don't know how to fix the issue....or don't feel it's a big enough issue to solve anymore. I still have to restart my TVs from every few days to solve the problem short term, until it starts up again later that same day to a few days later. Once in a while, I will completely unplug my TVs while I am out running errands. When I return, I plug them back in and won't see the issue for a day or 2. I am looking to replace a non Roku TV in my house, but I think I will scout out other brands and see what else is around. I will keep my current Roku TVs until they stop working, and apparently keep restarting them on occasion.