Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HellBound
Streaming Star

Re: Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

@RokuJohnB These steps have already been suggested and I have tried them several times. The issue still persists.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HellBound!

We understand and appreciate your attempts at resolving this case.

We'd be happy to take a closer look into this, and to better understand it, we'll need additional information about it.

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have this information available, we'll be able to relay it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Almost makes us wish we got fire tvs instead of Roku I mean just fix the problem with the time and guide updating and why does it auto bring up the guide whenever I switch to tv from Netflix etc. Its a minor inconvenience but annoying non the less just fix the problem or do none of you own Roku tvs so you just don't know about the problem

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MichaelH1978,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. May we know if you have tried performing a system restart on your device, as @RokuERey suggested? To do this, go to Settings > System > System Restart. Also, a power cycle is a good option to troubleshoot this. Just unplug and plug your Roku streaming device into the power source for 30 seconds. Also, may we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken to fix this concern?

We'll appreciate a response regarding this matter.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuJanadeeK  Yes, I and I'm sure many others have reset & power-cycled our TVs plenty of times. This is a glitch in Roku's software, as it happens all the time!  And has been for a number of months, yet nothing's been done to fix it...

Beejer
Reel Rookie

Same issue. Along with the problem of losing Favorite channels as well, it’s getting annoying having to re-load all the favorites, then select over to the right time slot too. Ugh.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Beejer,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out here and we're glad to assist you with this. Have you already tried the troubleshooting step as provided @RokuJanadeeK just right above the thread? We highly recommend performing the step to resolve the issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beejer
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have tried unplugging the power source and replugging it in after waiting a few minutes. I am hesitant to do a System Reset in Settings as I am not sure what that really means? I don’t want to find out I’ve caused other issues by resetting the entire system.

Also, I see that although Bob commented the suggestion originally worked, he also came back and said the issue had returned so this seems to be only a bandaid to the problem.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Beejer,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

The "System Restart" on Settings reboots your Roku streaming device to clear the cache and doesn't reset any settings that are set. We recommend performing this to see and notice any changes after your Roku streaming device reboots.

Once performed, kindly check to see if you notice any difference. Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

Do not pay attention to what the Community Moderator's say or ask for. You will find in many Roku Community posts that they only offer System Restart or System Reset solutions. It does not matter how many times they are told that does not work, they will just keep saying the same thing over and over.

This issue is a known software bug. There are several threads pertaining to this issue. Everyone is using different model TV's and different zip codes, but all have the same issue.

Also, Roku does not monitor the Community Forums. This is likely why the bug has not been fixed yet. Your only other option is Roku Chat support which will not help either.