Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

Every time I turn on my Roku TV (TCL 55"), the program guide shows whatever time it was when I last turned it off! The Home Screen shows the correct time, but once on the TV Guide page, it shows the past time, and the shows, for all channels OTA & Streamed!

I try waiting to see if it will self-correct but it doesn't. The only way I can get it to change is to pick a channel and open it. Within a minute or two, it will begin to fill in the info on the show & channel I'm on, and those close to it. But I want to scroll further down the list, I have to once again, click on another channel, and wait until it fill in information, and those around it do the same.

Why is this happening, how can it be fixed, as it's apparently not in my settings as the information, once it fills in, is correct, as is my zipcode & OTA channels. I've done a system & network reset, and that hasn't cured this glitch.

42 REPLIES 42
BMW102974
Binge Watcher

Re: Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

I'm having the same issue with my Hisense Roku 50" TV, and my Hisense Roku 32" TV. Guide shows from the last time I had the TV on. It takes anywhere from a few seconds to even a half hour after I turned on the TV. It's annoying. All they tell you to do is to unplug your TV for 15-20 minutes. That will shorten the first few times the guide catches up, but it just falls back to taking too long a few days later. After the last month of dealing with this and another different annoying issue, I've decided to go TV shopping for a different smart TV. I loved my Roku TVs the last few years, but these latest issues are beyond annoying....and there's little to no response on these forums anymore.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BMW102974, @StevenCee,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

Would you mind giving us more details about the issue to assist you regarding your concern further? We'd love to take a look.

Can you please take a picture/video showing your issue so we understand your problem better.

Your response is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Not sure why you need a picture. We turn on the TV, it's 8pm, but on the channel guide, and even the time in the top right hand corner, all show whatever the time was when I last turned off the TV. So while it's 8pm, the guide will show everything as if it's 2pm!!

Sometimes clicking on a channel, or two, will jolt it forward to the right time, after maybe a minute, but other times, it stays stuck in the old time, making it impossible to see what's on now! There's nothing in my settings causing this, as it eventually readjust to the correct current time. I keep hoping a minor update could fix this, but as the person above noted, he's spoken with support, and the best they could tell him was to turn off the TV for 20-30 minutes!!

That's pretty absurd, and an incredible inconvenience. For if it's late at night, and you want to watch a movie or show, before going to sleep, you're supposed to turn it off for half an hour??? Plus, that apparently doesn't fix the issue, and I'm not sure why anyone would think it would. I've done rebooting, made sure the time zone is correct, and zipcode, etc. but it sure seems like it's a system &/or software issue, since the brands of TVs this is happening on, are different, so it's unlikely it's the TV.  It's Roku's software, and why it can't see to just show the current time, I sure don't know.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Taking a picture is not going to make it any clearer than we both have described!  All you would see is the program guide, showing shows that fit the time that shown on the screen. It won't show you that the time might be from six hours previous to the current time! It just is...

The guide is not changing to the current time, as it should as soon as the tv is turned on, but it's not. Not sure how I can say that any more clearly, it's not that complicated. But it sure is quite aggravating to have every channel in the guide showing the incorrect shows and the clock showing the incorrect time!  Nothing seems now, to hasten it finally adjusting itself, and begin showing the correct time. Today it took about 20 minutes of me selecting a few different channels, until if finally got right. This is not good, and I would hope an update would contain a fix for this.

Jeanne64

I had the same problem, but by changing to a local station, it changed to the correct time on the program guide. Don't know, if it worked for me. Good luck

StevenCee
Roku Guru

I've done that too, usually I'll click on a local OTA channel, and a Roku streaming channel, and it will still take several minutes, to 20 minutes before it finally shows the current time, and current shows in the Guide. In fact, sometimes the homepage will show the correct time, but soon as I go the program guide, it's showing the schedule from hours before!

I have the right zip code, so I don't know what else I can do for this to just show the current, correct time, and it's pretty frustrating.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StevenCee,

Thanks for posting.

This problem has been resolved by most Community users that had the same problem by doing a system restart. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Restart. Also, a power cycle is a good option to troubleshoot this. Just unplug and plug your Roku streaming device from the power source for 30 seconds.

Please let us know how this works.

Al the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I've done that before, but I noticed a number of channel software updates in the last couple days. I did another restart, and today it seems to be working more like it should. If it holds, that would be great... I'll update you in a couple days.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Well, it's back to holding to the last time before I turn the TV off. Today, I turned it on, and it showed time as 12 hours earlier. If I select one channel, I sometimes also have to select another, like one streaming channel, and one OTA channel, and eventually it will find its way to the current time. But it's very clumsy to have to scroll whatever channel I'm on hours ahead, just to see what's on now. I don't know why it's doing this, as I've never had this issue before.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.