Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tigvatim

Re: Britbox crashing to home screen

I’m writing this on Feb. 11, 2023.  I’m having the same issue with Britbox not loading. ThroughRoku ultra.  I have 2 and neither can load.  In a November comment, engineers were working on this.  Has there been a resolution?  It is a Roku issue as my smart tv (non-Roku) loads it perfectly fine.  So what’s the deal with Roku?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Rick22
Channel Surfer

I talked with britbox yesterday--they blame the problem on roku and said to buy a Firestick.  I spent about and hour this morining with Roku support that was wasted time--they blame Britbox--I am cancelling britbox through my roku subscription and asking for a refund.  The roku billing was helpful--but I must say the technical support was not--just giving pat answers without accepting responsibility--and just pointing the finger at britbox.  I don't know where the problem lies--but I do know that neither britbox nor roku wanted to do nothing more than point the finger at each other.  I will be buying a Firestick for my streaming service.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that our team is currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bakersdozen
Binge Watcher

RokuKariza-D,

Britbox is crashing on my tv again.  It has worked well since 1st of the year, but has started crashing again.  My subscription is thru Britbox.  When I click on the app on my Roku tv, the BB logo comes up and the buffering wheel starts, but then my tv returns(crashes) back to the Roku Home screen.

My SharpRoku TV information is:

Model #LC-55LB481U

Serial #2N00GX212984

Device ID #8556AG212984

Software O/S Version 11.5.0 build 4312-34

My Britbox app information is:

Version 3.0 build 662

My Tracker ID # is:  84-075-103

PLEASE HELP!!  This is so frustrating!!

BAKERSDOZEN

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@bakersdozen 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate this issue further. Once we have an update, we'll make sure to post it in this thread.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
srugg

Good Afternoon. This same thing has been happening to me as well with the Britbox app on Roku. The app will start to launch, and then immediately goes back to the home screen. To date I have tried removing app>reboot>reinstall app. When that didn't work I did a factory reset on my roku and then tried again with the same result. I've now noticed that Britbox on all my Roku devices will not load, however every other app works perfectly. I have reached out to Britbox and they have stated that it is a Roku problem. 

Problem has persisted for 3 days. 

Model: 3930RW - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400ST8T8N (S009318T8T8N)

Software Version: 11.5.0 * Build 4312-AE

Issue ID: 8N-080-539

BritBox Version 3.0 Build 662

Thank you for your assistance. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @srugg

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the channel. We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
choccove
Reel Rookie

1. click britbox, app attempts to load

2. app crashes to previous screen

happens every time

3810CA Roku streaming Stick +

11.5.0 build 4312-50

ID 57-138-074

0 Kudos
Annp1
Reel Rookie

I am having the excat same problem.

Annp1
Reel Rookie

I am using the Britbox app and I am paid up..