Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicstix01
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

I was watching something on YouTube, and my Roku suddenly stopped working. And when I turned it on and off, it started showing a bouncing Roku logo that would go on for about a minute and then stop afterwards. What could be the issue and how can this be resolved as soon as possible? Below is the serial number in the body.

Roku SN: 507U515NK0F3

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

Hello! @Vicstix01,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku device. We're happy to help.

• Have you encountered this issue before, or is this the first time you have experienced it?
  • Are you getting error messages or error codes when playing content?

In the meantime, a system restart is the least invasive reset method. By navigating to Settings> System>Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step. System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vicstix01
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response.

I have not experienced this before.

The ROKU device does not display anything at all, other than the bouncing ROKU logo, which goes off also after about 30 seconds.

Like I stated earlier, I am not getting any error message, nothing is just displaying.

I also noticed that the infra red light (I believe )on the Roku device isn't responding to the remote control.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Vicstix01

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuArjiemar? If not, we recommend giving it a try to see if it resolves the issue.

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vicstix01
Reel Rookie

I have explained in my earlier response that I do not get to see anything but the bouncing Roku logo, and I am unable to get to settings. The device doesn't respond to the remote control and even the bouncing Roku logo goes off after like 30 seconds.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying, @Vicstix01.

In this case, have you tried to perform a hard reset on your Roku Express 4K to see if it will make any difference? If not, we highly recommend it.

Furthermore, please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming player will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

For further assistance on how to perform this, you may visit our Support article on How to factory reset your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vicstix01
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response. I tried the hard reset, but it seems not to work. The led light on the device stays on, it doesn't blink despite my attempts at resetting it, even depressing the button for more than 10 seconds at times.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Vicstix01,

Thanks for the update!

We'll forward this over to our Support team for further assistance. I sent you a PM for more information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Jeffm0123
Reel Rookie

i'm having this exact same issue. Can you please post the response that fixed the problem? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @Jeffm0123,

Hey, thanks for getting in touch about this in the Roku Community. We want to help you out and get you started. Can you let us know exactly what's not working? Is it a problem with a specific channel or the device itself? Also, what steps have you tried to fix it so far?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.