Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BethV
Reel Rookie

roku not letting me watch channels unless live

Out of the blue roku suddenly stopped letting me watch channels on my roku. They claim its a location issue bit that doesn't make sense. The live tv options still work and are all Canadian and it worked fine until recently. That and I've always had a Canadian account.

The support person I talked to claimed the confusion was caused by my email account. Which makes no sense either.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not letting me watch channels unless live

Hi @BethV,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're getting a playback issue with the channels on your Roku device and we're here to help. To assist, could you tell us if you're seeing any error messages? What are the channels affected by this issue?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further isolate this case.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BethV
Reel Rookie

None of my channels seem to be working but I do seem to be getting 2 responses and they seem to be consistent with the channels I've tested. 

1. The Roku Channel and Tubi start loading the channel and then shutdown and I go back to the home screen.

2. Prime video and Netflix say "Can't run channel Prime video could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again."

I've done the following:

- checked the network connection which says the status is connected and the signal strength is excellent

- I've run a test which says everything is fine and working

- I've reset my connection, restarted my roku, reset my modem and reconnected my network.

I'm still having the same issues.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@BethV,

Thanks for your prompt response, and I appreciate the extra details on this issue.

We would recommend working this one with an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then trying again to see if that makes a difference.

If the issue persists, we suggest performing a factory reset on the device and seeing if that helps. This process will clear everything, and you'll need to start from scratch.

You can refer to our support page here on How to factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.