Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPCar
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL Not Using Cable Authentication

Anything on this yet? I'm having the exact same issue with Optimum as my service provider. I can stream RedZone on a Chromebook no problem, but not on any of my 8 Roku devices.

Jtp_96
Binge Watcher

Re: NFL app not working with TV provider login

It has been weeks of this not working and you guys stopped replying, what is going on?

0 Kudos
VilleDick
Binge Watcher

Nope, and NFL support has been unreachable as well. Looks like it's a feature not a bug

0 Kudos
Mahomie99

Hi @RokuCarly 

same issue with me for over a year across 2 tvs.  Been using an appletv device to do a work around.  

NFL app authenticates for spectrum subscription via website or via NFL app settings and then gives error code:  don’t have permission to content when accessing different broadcasters.

definitely a roku-specific problem

heres my tv info

Model- 7216x

sn yn007r842207

sw version 12.5 4176-39

GC 10.3.24

timestamo 2023-12-3t18:35:58z

id 07-484-955

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
whoising
Reel Rookie

why do we pay for such unbelievably shotty bull**bleep** **bleep**ing service

0 Kudos
Johnymars3381
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL app not working with TV provider login

@RokuERey any update? I am signed in through TV Provider (Verizon Fios) but cannot access any games on NFL roku channel nor can I access NFL Redzone (which I pay through my TV provider).

When I try to watch a game, it tells me I need to sign in with a TV Provider that has access to Fox or CBS. My TV provider does in fact have access to Fox and CBS. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mahomie99.

Thank you for providing us with the requested details. No worries! We'll update the appropriate Roku team about this.

In addition, have you tried to reach out to the NFL customer Support directly? If not, we also highly recommend it. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.  It seems to have started when nfl plus was added.  Last year I had no issues streaming games in roku.  My workaround was to launch games from the CBS sports NBC sports ESPN or fox  Sports apps.  NFL app is useless

0 Kudos
VilleDick
Binge Watcher

Yeah, this NFL+ thing is junk. They have you authenticate with your cable provider but give you nothing for it. I guess the NFL is hard up for cash

0 Kudos
Ktk

I am having the same issue with the Dish authentication.  The NFL app is **bleep**. Every year there is an issue and I have to watch on my computer at least 2 or 3 weekends. Now I can’t watch the Saturday games because it won’t authenticate my cable subscription. 

0 Kudos