Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NFL Not Using Cable Authentication

I’m having the same issue and it turns out my sister and parents as well. This is extremely frustrating. This is the one thing I want to use my Roku for and I end up having to watch on my phone. Please fix this!

0 Kudos

Jumping in here as well. As of December 24 9:30 PM EST I signed into the Roku NFL app with my Optimum credentials and it will not let me access the New England - Denver game on right now. I can watch it on my cable subscription but not via the Roku app. 

0 Kudos
lionguy

Who cares less - nfl or Roku? Somehow the geniuses who program the AppleTV app have figured this out. Too much for the Roku brain trust?

koneal071

@roku I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, updated, logged out/logged back in, you name it and it is not working with the Roku. It is working just fine with my fire stick as of now. It’s sad we pay for the subscription; but can’t watch the games on our tv unless we screen share. Help. This is frustrating. 

issue ID: 33-008-500

Model 3910RW- Roku Express

However, it happens on all Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @koneal071,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, kindly go to the main screen on the NFL app and then go to the Settings area and TV and Streaming Providers, then select Sign in with a TV provider and follow the steps. If the issue persists, please let us know what TV provider you are using and whether you have an NFL package through them.
We'll be waiting for your update.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VilleDick
Binge Watcher

Oh boy! It's Week 18! What did the Roku Team have to say? Certainly this news came as a shock!

0 Kudos
JPCar
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VilleDick @JPCar,

We're sorry for the inconvenience and for the delay in our solution regarding this.

I have sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos