Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adamant12x

Disney Plus is freezing after ad breaks

Jump to solution

I have this same issue. Uninstalling, resulting and reinstalling didn’t help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus is freezing after ad breaks

Jump to solution

Hi, @Adamant12x

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've experienced with Disney+ on your Roku device, and we'd be happy to help. We'll provide a troubleshooting step that will guide you to resolve the issue at hand. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to contact us if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @priglmeier,

If the issue persists, we highly suggest contacting Disney Plus Support, as this issue may be specific to them. Please be guided that channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They are the best ones to provide further details regarding this channel functionality.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Adamant12x

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've experienced with Disney+ on your Roku device, and we'd be happy to help. We'll provide a troubleshooting step that will guide you to resolve the issue at hand. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to contact us if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
priglmeier
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This doesn't help.
I have spoken with Disney about this. They told me the same thing.

This issue happens 100% of the time after the ad(s) play.

The screen goes black and then freezes ... somethings gone wrong appears.

Then you start the stream again. It plays an ad and repeats.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @priglmeier,

If the issue persists, we highly suggest contacting Disney Plus Support, as this issue may be specific to them. Please be guided that channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They are the best ones to provide further details regarding this channel functionality.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gv77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here and same results with trying to get help as everyone else.  I ended up upgrading to the add-free plan because Disney+ was useless otherwise.  Funny how that works isn't it?  

This has to be an issue with Disney+ itself, given that multiple users experience it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So after all the finger pointing, it got you nowhere?

just asking so I save my time. My son woke me up complaining and I haven’t even had my coffee yet.

roku robots…did you figure out any solution? Please do copy/paste the same instructions 👏

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.