Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple TV Selena Gomez documentary all not loading.

Jump to solution

Ut happens to only Selena Gomez story

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV Selena Gomez documentary all not loading.

Jump to solution

Hi @Lordjunior123

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
reztab

Re: Apple TV all not loading.

Jump to solution

I was getting ready to return the Roku 4K Streaming Stick when I found this. Worked like a charm. I did have to reset  to auto after getting  Apple + loaded.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ripsapips
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! No other solutions were working for me and I don't know how many times I've removed/added the app, restarted my modem and router, restarted roku. This is what finally worked for me!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ripsapips,

Welcome to Roku Community and thanks for the post.

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. What Roku model device are you using?
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  4. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  5. Have you made sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ripsapips
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F ,

To clarify, my issue was resolved with the instructions from @Bartwick . 

1. When did this issue first start occurring? Any time I tried to stream something on Apple tv
  2. What Roku model device are you using? Express 4K+
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? No
  4. Are you being prompted with an error message? Yes, something like, "Video Not Available. If issue continues check your internet connection."
  5. Have you made sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful? Yes and it did not resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ripsapips,

Thanks for the update and for providing the information I requested.

We're glad to know it's working now! Happy Streaming!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bartwick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

If you are a human Roku employee and not a bot, can you please elevate this issue? How does the user community point out a problem and have it adderessed? My perception is that Roku like many companies, does not see the value of information from the user community. Instead, they see users as a group that needs to be instructed on how to use their flawless product. I hope I'm wrong on this as I'm a huge and longstanding Roku fan. 

If you would read through this thread, going back well over a year and through several Roku firmware updates, humans with a variety of Roku models have experienced the issue of not being able to play most, but not all, content on the Apple TV app. The boilerplate fix, reset/reload/yadayadaya, fails to fix the problem but the hack of chanaging,

Settings —> Audio —> Digital output format —> Custom —> Dolby

has fixed the problem for me and the many other people in this thread. Certainly this problem affects many more and it would be great if Roku or Apple would fix the bug. 

tjudd16

Jump to solution

Purchase the content you wish to play on your Apple TV app on a mobile device & then it will appear under recently purchased in your Apple TV channel on Roku. Make sure both are signed into the same Apple ID.

0 Kudos
HeidiW

Jump to solution

This:

Settings —> Audio —> Digital output format —> Custom —> Dolby

Doesn’t exist on my Roku. Audio settings only allow to change menu sound or language.

Apple TV will not work on my Roku tv or on my Roku streambar. 2 different devices on 2 TVs.

Trying to figure this out. Used to work but now it doesn’t  

Heidi 

0 Kudos