Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbells
Reel Rookie

The Antenna icom disappeared from my ROKU TV

The antenna icon that I had until a few days ago suddenly disappeared from my Roku TV. I searched the support section and none of the solutions worked. There is no antenna tv option under settings, input, just hdmi, live, etc. I did a factory reset, that didn't work. I powered on and off and that didn't work. The coax cable for the antenna is connected and worked when I connected it to another TV. When scanning under live I can find my channels, but frankly the live option is worthless since I need to go through 500+ channels to get to my local channels. Doesn't appear that there is a way to simply key in a particular channel number - And paging through 500 channels one by one is worthless. Has the Antenna TV icon been removed in the last update? How can I get it back?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Antenna icom disappeared from my ROKU TV

@bbells 

To find the Antenna/OTA input navigate to Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV (renamed to LiveTV during OS 11 update).

To rename the LiveTV back to antenna and change icon, select LiveTV and choose "Rename" and select a new icon and prenamed selection or choose "Set Custom name and icon".  (Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV/Rename)

To hide the Roku Channel Live TV streaming channels from your Antenna/OTA Guide, navigate to Settings/TV Inputs/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels (check to enable).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
bbells
Reel Rookie

So, the "update" deleted the antenna tv icon, so I can't effectively access both ota and streaming channels -  since going through 500 channels to get to the ota channels is such a pita? How do I delete the update and get to the older more usable update?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@bbells 

I don't think that's what @AvsGunnar said.

The update renamed it. He offered instructions on how to name it back if the new name bothers you. He was covering the things you could do. You can still watch OTA and live streaming.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
bbells
Reel Rookie

Sorry, but the update did not rename it. I had both an antenna tv icon and live tv icon. Now I just have the live icon. This makes the rocku tv almost unusable for my needs.

I guess the best solution is to put this out in my camper and bring that android tv in to replace the Roku. Been too long to return it to the store.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@bbells 

I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@bbells 

Prior to the OS11 update, there was an OTA/Antenna icon. (it is actually a seperate "input" that has to be enabled.)  There was also a seperate shortcut icon to the Roku Channel Streaming Live TV Channels. (this was the purple icon that said LiveTV).  This shortcut icon was introduced in either OS10 or 10.5 (can't recall). [https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1ac1f6c4b2a10445e55c6fca4f14d064/live-tv-on-the-roku-channel]

It was also during this time that users were able to merge the Roku Channel Streaming Live TV Channels with their OTA/Antenna channels into the same guide by selecting the OTA/Antenna icon.  (Don't really know why Roku assumed this was a useful feature, but it is still there, so it is what it is).  Selecting the purple icon would only show you the Roku Live TV Channels, not your OTA/Antenna channels.  You had to select the OTA/Antenna icon to see the "full" guide of all available, merged channels.  An additional setting was provided to "hide" these Roku Live TV Channels from the OTA/Antenna guide.  With this configuration, you used Antenna/OTA to watch your locals, and the purple LiveTV icon to watch the Roku Live TV Channels.

------

When you are seeing the "Live" icon that you are referring to, are you seeing both the Roku Live Streaming Channels and your local OTA/Antenna Channels in one long guide?

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DaleL

All my antenna channels disappear just like my other TCL/ROKU tv has been doing.  Nothing but a struggle just to watch ABC or any network channels.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DaleL

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried rescanning to see if the channels come back?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Outrunm

I understand what is being said, as I believe I have the same issue. OTA channels disappear from the live TV guide.  To get them back, I have to rescan.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.