Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV all not loading.

Jump to solution

I believe Apple released a channel update within the last day or two. I tested Apple TV with a couple of movies from my library on my Ultra 4800 and had no playback issues. Both movies were 4K, one had Atmos (I didn't look at my AVR for the other, so perhaps it was as well), one was HDR10 and the other was Dolby Vision. Both played fine.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AndreaSF

Jump to solution

Thank You!!!

0 Kudos
zelda51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I give up. I cannot get the 'free trial offer' to continue.  Two nights ago, I signed up--gave my financial info to Apple, made password, and watched 2 enjoyable Ted Lasso episodes, then NOTHING but going in circles with -give id & password -over & over what 30 xs !!! chatted with Roku----nothing helped---called the next day---nothing. Spoke with about 3 reps. They transferred me to Apple -2 reps --nothing! Very frustrating.I have used Roku for 10+ years and never had any problem .What gives??? I do worry about having signed on .Smiley Sad

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@zelda51

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zelda51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

as I stated after speaking with several people via a chat and thru the support and doing everything, they suggested they transferred me to supposedly an Apple rep which did not help. What 'channel provider ' are you speaking about? How do I access it? What do I do? I have seen on many places on my Roku pages to have a 3-month free trial? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@zelda51 the channel provider of Apple TV is Apple, not Roku. They are solely responsible for the functionality of their channel/app. I have Apple TV installed on my Roku devices, but I rarely use them. At least for me, the channel appears to be working fine. 

The first step when troubleshooting a channel is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step, do not skip) then add the channel back in. Also, you didn't mention the model number of your Roku (not just it's name, please). Older Roku devices might not work correctly with the newer channels, such as Apple TV.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
zelda51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the newest Roku I have is Roku tv 7140X

TCL model 43S421

0 Kudos
mg5466

Jump to solution

This works after trying everything else!

0 Kudos
mg5466

Jump to solution

Just changed the audio from auto to stereo in my Roku settings and everything works now! YAY!

0 Kudos
casemeau

Jump to solution

This solution to change the audio settings to Dolby Digital worked for me.

0 Kudos