Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help understanding features of xfinity stream app

The xfinity stream app has no users guide and no one at comcast has any idea how the app works.  I'm trying to teach my 92 year old mother how to use it from 2000 miles away, but can't figure it out myself.  Unfortunately I'm not able to load the app on my device, because I don't live in an area where I'm forced to have comcast.  So  if you can answer any of these questions, it would be most appreciated.

1. Can the voice feature be used INSIDE the app to change channels?  IE, say "MSNBC" and the xfinity channel changes to MSNBC.  Not the MSNBC Roku channel, the xfinity stream channel.
  2. What's the easiest, fastest way to get from watching a live channel to the favorite channel list?
  3. Is there a way to modify the mini guide to only show favorites?
  4. Is there a way to set favorites from inside the app?  
  5. Is there a way to adjust the size of the closed caption text? 

TIA
Rob

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Please help understanding features of xfinity stream app

Hello @OldSkoolMadSklz

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos