Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmopunk
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV all not loading.

Jump to solution

It’s not, “Settings>System>System Settings”, it’s Settings>Power>System Restart.

0 Kudos
Regi

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue as this user, also using a Roku Ultra 4660X. All apps and the Roku are on latest software update. Seeing the exact same issues and the same troubleshooting has produced no results

0 Kudos
JMG1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately at this point, we need an Apple developer to determine why their software doesn't work well with the Ultra platform at random times.  Since the issue is random (one series vs. the other), it probably will be elusive.

0 Kudos
Gitarzan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What I’ve discovered is that any show that doesn’t start needs to be started on an apple device first. Once the program loads on that device, you can go back to roku and watch it with no issues. Come on apple. You’re better than this….

Bartwick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is a problem with the apple tv app on roku sticks. I don't experience the issue with my roku tv, roku express 4k, or my very old roku 3. Swapping roku on the same tv solves the problem. All the suggestions of rebooting, reloading the app, etc. do nothing to fix the problem.

I am unable to play most apple tv content while other apple tv content works just fine. The problem happens 95% of the time. Very occaisionally it works. Sometimes I am able to see the preroll but then it errors when the show should start.  

There was a hack solution of changing an audio setting but that doesn't seem to exist anymore. The only reliable workaround I've found is airplay. 

0 Kudos
Gitarzan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens on my roku ultra. 

0 Kudos
Bartwick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is a bug in Apple TV app causing this problem and rebooting the roku/reloading the app won't help. Sure it may help some, but many people have reported issues with the Apple TV app where most programs won't play but a random select few do.

This problem has existed for many months and why both Roku and Apple fail to acknowledge it is a mystery.

A fix has been been posted to change the HDMI audio setting. Roku has changed the menu structure so the previously posted directions can't be followed. To make the change using the new menu: 

Settings —> Audio —> Digital output format —> Custom —> Dolby

Gitarzan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So far this is the best solution for me. I made the change specified, then I tried several different shows I haven’t watched yet and every one loaded with no issues! Good find!

Jeff1954
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Changing the audio settings to custom dolby fixed the problem for me immediately. I do not know if it will hold. Time will tell.

Jeff1954
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This fix has proven to have fixed this problem for three days now. I tried everything else to know avail, so I highly recommend this change to the audio settings. It takes less than a minute.

0 Kudos