Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload failed Roku home app

Hi! I just recently purchased an outdoor camera and it works great livestream, when I go to events it only shows me pictures of cars or people, but won’t play the video. It tell me upload failed??? It’s happening to all of them. Help??

0 Kudos
EdLetts
Channel Surfer

Re: Upload failed Roku home app

Welcome to the group of people duped into buying this inferior product. Roku is doing nothing to fix this so I would return it immediately instead of waiting for them to fix it like I did. Also post a review on the site you purchased it from warning others not to buy. They should have pulled these cameras from the market months ago but they continue to sell a product they know doesn't work. I'm stuck with 4 of them. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Novembermullins

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us here regarding this issue. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution.

May we know how close is your Roku Smart Home device from your wireless router?

In addition, have you tried to reboot your device's system?

Looking forward to your response!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

@RokuCarly 

The issues are persistent are have nothing to do with troubleshooting on the consumer side.  I have repeatedly brought multiple flaws to Roku's Engineering Staff, but as of this writing,  the flaws likely remain outstanding.

A firmware was released recently that claimed to address the cloud issue with Video Upload Failed (Still Image Only).  Whether or not this firmware resolved the matter remains unknown to me. I wouldn't pay for a service that clearly hasn't worked, in an effort to determine whether or not it now does.

The cameras have numerous other flaws like a lack of audio on MicroSD recordings due to improper encoding and muxing.

5-6 Months later, nothing seems to have changed.  Essentially, Roku poached Wyse cameras and rebranded them their own.  Thereby, inheriting the same flaws and shortcomings from what I can uncover via Googling.

Zorro1953
Streaming Star

8 pages of this problem since February of this year and we get suggestions like restart our router, or turn off the camera and turn it back on.

Clearly there is a problem.

Mine in particular is the same or very similar. In my situation, 2 of my 4 cameras are having the problem, and I will admit that it is the 2 cameras that are the furthest away from the WiFi router or extension. NEVERTHELESS, both of these cameras can transmit live video to the app over WiFi PERFECTLY.

The 2 cams that aren't uploading to the cloud are both wired outdoor cams (one is actually the floodlight cam, the other is just the regular outdoor wired cam).

I know all about resetting to factory settings, or turning off and back on the cam, and checking my internet speed and wifi connection. Roku support people assume that doing a reset on a camera is an easy thing to do. It is easy to reset and reconnect - unless the camera is in a remote location, 10 feet up on a pole to monitor a driveway or other area of my property.

I have no idea how the firmware is designed, but it would almost seem as though maybe the camera attempts one time and one time only to upload the video to the cloud and if there is any type of error, does not make any additional attempts. It seems this way because both of those cams do SOMETIMES upload their video to the cloud - perhaps as often as 10% of the time.

I would hope that Roku will take this issue seriously, as it seems to be a common problem experienced by many of your customers.

User45
Streaming Star

I’m still getting uploading event problems, stop-Start with floodlight and inside cameras. Gotta reset breaker. Not a problem with WiFi Yada.  Lags, etc..Dealing with it I guess. Roku Home, Hello?

wholeo

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

I also get this error message.   Multiple times a day.  This camera is terrible and I will not recommend.  I get the same error message times a day.  I submit the logs and I have not heard from anyone.  
do not buy this camera.    I would like to cancel my subscription as I’m not getting what I’m paying for.   Please advise his to proceed.    
terrible support!!! 

Stuart_Davies
Reel Rookie

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

I have been reading other customers issues with the failed to upload to the cloud issue. I can confirm I to have been getting this issue quite a lot too. I can also give everyone the assurance it is not an internet connection or router issue. I have sparklight internet with 1 GIG speed that comes with a eero 6 PRO box that gives me wall to wall super fast wi-fi internet which reaches the living room all the way to the back of the house. It is still getting the issue, all I can do to get rid of the problem as a temp measure is to restart my 360 indoor wired camera each & every time it happens. It is a camera software to Roku cloud issue at their end. Hope this helps with the investigating the cloud connectivity issue.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting on the Roku Community!

We understand you are having issues with your Roku Smart Home app because the cloud fails to upload. We're happy to help. What error message are you seeing? Please try to sign out and sign back in on your Roku Smart Home app account.

If the problem persists, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

I had an issue with my Outdoor Camera SE, it completely stopped uploading to the cloud for 2 days straight until I noticed there was a problem. I restarted the camera itself and that didn't fix the issue, then I unplugged the base-station for 10-seconds and plugged it back in and my issue was fixed. There seems to be a problem with the base-stations uploading to the cloud if they're on for a few weeks with no reset. All other functions were working properly including the live-feed while the cloud uploads were not working. 

0 Kudos