Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caligirl31

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

This is so irritating I completely understand what your saying it’s no way especially with paying the subscription cost that videos should have a failed to upload and it’s nothing they can do about it. How about a free month, how about fix the bug fir this problem!! I have had the same thing happen multiple times it’s honestly not right!!!

Caligirl31

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

Sometimes I wish everyone that had a subscription would stop paying and then that would gain there attention because 4 months is to long to not have this fixed yet !!!

User45
Streaming Star

Yes, long story short, Roku Home outdoor cloud recording not good.  Starts/stops between events. I was hoping event when someone stole catalytic converter front of house. Could have got better view, but know..stops, Event recording just not right. I’ll keep submitting captures, and continue opening tickets interim. 

User45
Streaming Star

Any update on Roku future plans to resolve “cloud” latency issues or at least events run consistently without breaks recording?

Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

@User45 

That's what this update claims to do. I don't have the cloud service to verify whether or not the issue is resolved.  My inquiries go unanswered these days so I'm in the same boat as everyone else here.

GHS-TCB

not successfully uploadec to the cloud.

Why do I get recording notifications, and it is just a picture. Then it says " Your video was not successfully uploadec to the cloud. Please check your network connection. And it's connected I don't know what's going on

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: not successfully uploadec to the cloud.

Hey @GHS-TCB,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We certainly want to help you regarding the issue you've encountered. For us to better assist, we'll need information. How far is the camera from your wireless network? Can you provide a screenshot with the error message you've encountered? Also, we suggest to reboot your wireless network and camera. If the issue still persists, let us know.

Looking forward to your response!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

Hopefully, someday, Roku Home cameras et tech will resolve latency recording event and cloud issues. I battle and restart them daily. Lagging to say the least. (every bridge crossed many times via support, not issue my end). Oh well, biting the bullet I guess until some resolution in the future, hats off they have support moderators to speak live, kudos for that. 🥴👍

olddog1
Streaming Star

Rest Camera and reinstalled app Numerous times already   Problem still persists works fine fir a few days them  starts over with failed to upload   Everything is up to date  software wise the problem is with your equipment  and you still give nothing but lip service to it  Claiming you your so called experts will get back to me     I have ben trying to get this issue fixed  for over 4 months now and still not resolved    Even tried qa replacement camera   Wifi extender also  I get a string signal to camera so not connectivity issue on my end I had IP service provider I use check everything  and  the WIFI equipment checks out fine on my end

0 Kudos
Huskypam
Reel Rookie

Re: not successfully uploadec to the cloud.

I have paid for subscription for two cameras, it is not worth it, as cameras fail to video, I thought this would resolve the problem by getting the subscription, but no, Roku just want your money, some cameras offer a subscription for many cameras, but not Roku, I would like to sell them, but who would buy them after reading reviews for them. The cameras fail to upload all the time, this is an on going issue, not just for me, but for everyone Roku needs to fix this, needless to say I will not be renewing my subscription.

0 Kudos