Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisnrys

Canceling peacock through Roku billing, when Roku doesn’t show the subscription

Jump to solution

I am trying to cancel my peacock subscription. In the peacock app it says premium plan. Billed through Roku. When I go to Roku to cancel it is not even showing as an active subscription? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Canceling peacock through Roku billing, when Roku doesn’t show the subscription

Jump to solution

Hello @charlie0956

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

There are two ways how to cancel a subscription billed through Roku. The first is via the website then the second is directly on your TV screen. Here are the instructions on how to cancel a membership via the website: 

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active subscriptions
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel

If you need the steps on how to cancel from your TV screen, visit this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription

Moreover, if you need further help, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Canceling peacock through Roku billing, when Roku doesn’t show the subscription

Jump to solution

@Chrisnrys Do you have more than one Roku account?  I have Peacock Premium billed by Google.  When I go to my account on Peacock I have a link to Manage on Google, that takes me to my Google account.  Do you have a link to take you to your Roku account? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Chrisnrys

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

With all due respect....when one goes to Roku ...it does not even show the peacock through Roku subscription.  It tells you to click next to "Your Plan" on the "Change Plan" button.  The "Change Plan" button does not exist next to the "Your Plan" button.....so the confusion continues.  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sasmccurdy2 We need more specific information.  What tells you to click next to "Your Plan" ?  When I login to my Peacock account after Your Plan on the left is a link to change or cancel Plan.  When you login to Peacock do you not have this?  If not, does it say who your plan is billed through when you login to Peacock?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is what I see:
It says "Your Plan" on the left with "Peacock Free $0.00/month" underneath that on left then under that is stay "Upgrade Plan" Then a sentence about upgrading to Peacock Premium to 4.99 a month then the words underneath that that say "Upgrade Plan"     

THERE IS NO BUTTON THAT SAYS "CHANGE PLAN" 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The good news is if you cancel (or downgrade) your Peacock Premium or Peacock Premium Plus plan, you can still watch our free content on Peacock. To cancel (or downgrade) your plan, follow the steps below:

• Go to Plans & Payments.

• Then click on Change Plan.

• Check Peacock Free to switch plans at the end of your current billing cycle.

• Once confirmed, you will see a confirmation message on screen and receive a confirmation email, which may take a few hours.

No refunds or credits will be issued for any prior payments made when you cancel (or downgrade) a Peacock Premium or Peacock Premium Plus plan.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That above is from the Peacock Website and it says to click on "Change Plan" when no such button to click on is available or obvious.   🙃

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sasmccurdy2

Thanks for the posts.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sasmccurdy2 Can you click on upgrade plan instead of change plan?

0 Kudos