Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hollym

Roku wifi says excellent wifi and has internet connection but apps wont work

I am having the same problem internet is good, reset the connection, did a factory rest and still can not get any of my apps to load. I have a roku in my bedroom and that one works just fine.

Please help!! 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku wifi says excellent wifi and has internet connection but apps wont work

Hi @Hollym,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here:: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Eveplo

Re: roku wifi says excellent wifi and has internet connection but apps wont work

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem but can’t manage to fix it. Mind you, 2 days ago, it was all working good! I have roku ultra and a router to-link ax11000.

I tried rebooting the router then roku.  Reseting the connexion of the roku. Using my phone as hotspot(this worked, and i was able to complete the setting after i return roku to factory setting).  Then I change 2,4 connection to 20mhz channel 11 and b/g/n mode.  In 5ghz, i change to 40 mhz chanel 161 and it shows 802.11a/n/ac/ac mixed as mode.  I deactivated whatever firewall and security option available and I reserved an ip address to the roku. Oh and between each of those changes, i rebooted both the router and the roku.  In one occasion, i saw internet speed on the information screen but it lasted only couple of second.  Internet is working otherwise and my isp is telling me that roku should know the setting my router should have in order to work.  I am actually beyond annoyed with this now really expensive useless gadget.  Did I mentionned that neither the router nor the tv were moved ans the one time I saw the internet speed, it was at 102mps.  Please please help me!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hollym

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
KayVee
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem, but it only affects some apps, like Sling, Max, and YouTube for me right now, but other apps like Netflix and Amazon music work just fine on the same wifi connection.

0 Kudos
KayVee
Reel Rookie

Nevermind.  Spent waaaay too much time in the chat with support telling me to unplug and restart things. One rep told me to contact my ISP as if they have any control over Roku.  ISP said the issue is with Roku (of course) and since chat support can't figure it out, I'm on my way to Target to get a Firestick.  Thanks for nothing but wasted time.

0 Kudos

Tengo este mismo problema.. No han encontrado ninguna solucion??? 

0 Kudos
Ford10

Hi Danny, I just subscribed to Peacock premium but can't watch anything, constantly in load mode with the yellow circle endless. I have excellent wifi strength. My roku devise is 4k.  I purchased Peacock thru roku so not pleased it was offered if this device doesn't support. I have no trouble with other channels although hulu was a little problematic but not this bad. I canceled acct 5 minutes after ordering. Will roku refund the 12 bucks? Thanks . Barabara

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ford10,

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this concern.

For charge reimbursement, it will be effective for you to contact our account-billing team directly, as they are the best ones who can help you further. You can visit them at https://support.roku.com/contactus and choose the "Account, payments, and subscriptions" category. There should be an option to talk to one of our live representatives.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any other help.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos