Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

And just so you have it:

Model Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

Serial #X004000XYUA1

Device ID: S014335XYUA1

Software Version: 12.5.0 build 4164-AE

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pmifold,

Thank you for updating us!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Express since it kept disconnecting from the home network. We're happy to help you, but we will need to ask for more details to further assist you. How far is your device from your network router? What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer) Did you try to use a mobile hotspot and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My device is about 10 feet from the router, please keep in mind that this has never been an issue before.  My original Roku Express started losing connection about a month ago and because it was a few years old I went out and bought a new one thinking this was the problem. 

I do not get any error message, it just disconnects.  

The Roku is the only device connected to my TV and I only have one TV and one Roku Express.

I have no idea what a mobile hotspot is.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick update, @pmifold!

We appreciate your added precise information and sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries. The appropriate Roku team would be more than willing to further examine this network issue on your Roku Express and find the best resolution possible. Kindly provide us with the following details below so that we may be able to forward this effectively.

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Who is your Internet Service Provider?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Carly,  I'm confused, I thought John was looking into this for me?  I already provided him with the information below:  He didn't ask for my service provider but it's City Wide.  Can you please work with John to get this resolved?

Model Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

Serial #X004000XYUA1

Device ID: S014335XYUA1

Software Version: 12.5.0 build 4164-AE

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @pmifold

Kindly be advised that we've passed along your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team, who'll review this case to work into it. Once we hear back from them, we'll make sure to provide an update in this thread.

For the time being, we appreciate you bearing with us. 

Thanks,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please help......here is my device info:

Device type: Roku Express

Model # 3930X

Serial number: X00400ESR3UK

Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4148-AE

ISP: Comcast

This device keeps disconnecting and often stays disconnected for weeks.

0 Kudos
bobbysafe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I"ve seen that the support team keep asking the same questions to everyone who has the same problem without offering a solution, this keeps going and going.. It's seem to me that's a software issue, it's very obvious.

No, I don't have connection problem with any other device (mobile, laptop, tablet, pc nor Amazon Prime, Max, Disney, Netflix)

My router is no longer than 10 ft from TV, and I repit, I've tried every single solution I found on this chat. 

You should be aware that, if one or two person is having connectivity issues, the problem is local but on this case it's a huge amount of people therefore the problem is on the device (software) that's pretty obvious. 

Model 3820X Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number X01700RKCW77

0 Kudos
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm hoping I get a response, but it feels like we are chasing our tail.  Very discouraged at this time.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users.

Thanks for keeping us posted regarding this issue.

For the time being, we are aware of this issue, and we've sent this information and your details to the appropriate Roku team. This issue is currently under review, and resolutions are being worked.

We appreciate you bearing with us as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.