Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melam965

Re: Roku express no longer finds or connects to wifi

Same for mine. So frustrating. Tried everything that was recommended. I will no longer be purchasing Roku if this is how they last after less than a year 😞

not impressed 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Melam965,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How long has the issue been occurring? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

I have found my people! I have been trying for the past two days to get my Roku Express to connect, while everything else in my house works and the Roku Express is right next to the router. I've looked through all the "work arounds", short of me having to reach out to Xfinity and hoping they can help me, essentially the Roku Express is now "dead in the water". Was this an update? What did you change? This is clearly a Roku issue. Do I need to buy a new Roku because all your "solutions" are not working and they don't seem to be working for others also. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @thephuzzyone 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you provide us with the model number of your Roku device? This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. Also, since your internet service provider is Xfinity, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us updated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Phillip388

These roku links are useless. Every one says "article not found" .

0 Kudos
AW25

Our express is identifying our WiFi and it says it’s excellent but it keeps going back in forth from connected to not. I bought and set it up yesterday and it worked perfectly. All of our other devices are connecting no problem. We have starlink. We’ve moved the router within 10 ft, we’ve went to secret screen, we’ve went through a factory reset, unplugged and replugged in tv, Roku, and router, nothing worked. We’re so disappointed. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AW25,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thanks for letting us know what you've done to try to resolve the issue. We understand that your Roku device may be having trouble connecting to your home network. 

We recommend to troubleshoot network issues here: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dsparrow330
Reel Rookie

My power went out the other day and my Roku will not connect to my router/wifi. It brings up all my neighbors wifi connections but not mine. I have tried everything numerous times and it still doesn't work. I called my ISP, the wifi popped up on the list. But would not connect. Then, they proceed with other avenues, and nothing.  The wifi doesn't show up anymore on the Roku.

0 Kudos
dsparrow330
Reel Rookie

this isn't true. did not work

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @dsparrow330

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

What's the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About? If the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. 
You can see more tips for troubleshooting a wireless network connection outlined here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos