Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express no longer finds or connects to wifi

@dsparrow330

Thanks for the update. We can see that our Support team is waiting for your feedback and sent you an email follow-up regarding this issue. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
clou3

Same thing is happening with mine!! We have alta fiber and 4 different roku devices, now all rendered useless. Absolute bullsh** roku!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @clou3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with connecting your home network. We want to ensure that our customers have the best streaming experience.

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere or Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
  • Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jd412

I'm having the same issue as you if you figure it out plz let me know how it was fixed my roku tv is connected just fine but my two express player won't connect either and it says it updated this morning at 4 a.m. but it worked fine yesterday but I tried everything you did as well idk what to do

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jd412 

What are the model numbers of your Express devices?  Can be found under Settings/System/About on your device.

Also provide your ISP (internet service provider) and router model number.

Likely you are just going to have to make some changes/configurations to your router settings and hopefully be back and running.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Jefflouis

My Roku TV is stuck on not connected in a red background and it's not doing anything

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jefflouis, try unplugging the power for a few minutes and then plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

You cannot change the settings on your Xfinity Gateway: 

xFi Gateway (XB6 and higher): Most of these Gateways have been upgraded with software that manages advanced WiFi settings automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.

• Advanced WiFi settings for Gateways with this software enhancement are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or the Xfinity app.
0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

You cannot make changes to the Xfinity Gateway. The following is from the article:

xFi Gateway (XB6 and higher): Most of these Gateways have been upgraded with software that manages advanced WiFi settings automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.

• Advanced WiFi settings for Gateways with this software enhancement are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or the Xfinity app.
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jefflouis,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are happy to assist you in connecting your Roku to the internet. If a connection to the internet was not established during Guided Setup or your network changed and you need to update the connection, access the Settings menu on your Roku device using the instructions below:

1. Press Home on your remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Set up a connection.
  5. Choose Wired or Wireless.
  6. If you select wired, your Roku device will automatically connect to your network and the internet. If you select Wireless, continue to the next step.
  7. Select your network from the list of available networks. If you do not see your network, select Scan again to see all networks.
  8. Enter your network password. To see the password as you type, choose Show password.
  9. Select Connect.

If the issue persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos