Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku TV will not stay connected to Spectrum community wifi

Hi @Audileshark,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Our engineering team is currently working on this, and we still don't have any updates available about it.

We'll make sure to forward any relevant information here once we have it available.

Regards,
Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jwww123
Reel Rookie

No changes so far still issues and no solutions to the problem to give everyone an actual update on what’s happening. Fix the problem!!

CavalierX
Binge Watcher

Yeah it’s been an issue since July/Aug, most companies would have had a hotfix within one release cycle smh

CavalierX
Binge Watcher

Thank you this issue is now resolved with the Jan 25 update

0 Kudos
Klntcy
Channel Surfer

I have just moved to a place with spectrum WiFi and am having the same problems. I’ve followed all the steps and nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
CavalierX
Binge Watcher

What Spectrum area are you in (metro area) and what type of Roku device?
Make sure you have installed all the latest Roku updates and power cycle your Roku and try to connect again.

if that doesn’t work, see if you are able to connect to your cellular hotspot WiFi (Android or iPhone etc mobile data service provider).  If that works, then you need to contact Spectrum and have them push any updates and restart their routers at your community WiFi.

if you can’t connect to cellular hotspot either then you might have a defective Roku device.

0 Kudos
Dlm1107
Reel Rookie

Mine was fixed with the but 2 weeks ago it has started disconnecting like it was before. I checked for an update this morning and the software is up to date.

0 Kudos
CavalierX
Binge Watcher

Mine is still working OK since late Jan and no issues.  Occasionally an app will have issues (like STARZ) but is usually fixed by refreshing the WiFi connection.

0 Kudos
Klntcy
Channel Surfer

It’s a Roku Onn device. And i checked that everything would be fine. Called spectrum and they said to use an Ethernet cable. I tried that and it’s not working. So I’ll call them back and probably try to get them to reset the WiFi. If not, I will go insane and may end up getting a different tv. I love Roku though so if I do have to get a new tv I won’t be happy about it. Also, who can afford tvs these days? 

it just seems like a Roku problem and they need to update their tvs to work with community WiFi’s. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Klntcy

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that your Roku TV is unable to maintain a connection with Spectrum community Wi-Fi, and we're sorry to hear about the troubles. We'd be glad to assist. Could you please provide us with additional information regarding the issue so we'll be able to assist you further:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once this information is available, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.