Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klntcy
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku TV will not stay connected to Spectrum community wifi

Hi @RokuTakashi

I sent a PM to you with information. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
CavalierX
Binge Watcher

Ah sorry that could be they haven’t updated those TVs yet.  Mine is a Roku Stream+ stick.

0 Kudos
Klntcy
Channel Surfer

@CavalierX no need to be sorry! It will all work out at some point I’m sure! But your thread has been the most helpful! 

0 Kudos
MissPaula

Kash, @RokuTakashi 

I am having the same issue with 2 TV's in a new apartment community using Spectrum.

TV's will not stay connected to community wifi SSID.

It will only stay connected for a second or two and then I get a prompt that says set connection or proceed anyway. Once I select an app - in this case the Spectrum App, I get prompted and select proceed anyway and the app loads.

However, the roku channel just hangs. It's clearly an issue with the apps and Spectrum Community Wifi as I had my TV at another location on a different wifi and it worked without an issue on every app/channel installed. I would also like to note that everything worked correctly up until a week ago. 

I have two ONN Roku TVs - 1 50" and 1 32" purchased  7 months ago 

Here are the details from each unit:

Device : Onn 50" Roku TV

onn model: 1000012585
Hardware ID: G829X
Serial Number: X01200NJEAYJ
Sofware version: 12.5.5 - Build 4174-CT
Device ID: S0GE236JEAYJ

Channel: Roku Channel
Channel version/build: Version 9.3 - build 10
Channel: Spectrum
Channel version/build: unable to see due to no network connection
All channels have this issue and will either say setup connection or proceed anyway
Roku channel hangs
Spectrum channel loads and works until next time.

Tracker ID: YJ-137-922
-------------------------------------------------

Device: Onn 32" Roku TV

onn model: 100012589
Hardware ID: H801X
Serial Number: X02000HJ14FS
Software version: 12.5.5 - Build 4174-EG
Device ID: SOLGG33J14FS

Channel: Roku Channel
Channel version/build: Version 9.3 - Build 10
Channel: Spectrum
Channel version/build: unable to see due to no network connection

All channels installed have this issue.

Tracker ID FS-509-827

If you have any questions - please let me know 

I can send you screen shots also if needed. 

Thanks, 

@MissPaula 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @MissPaula.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Klntcy
Channel Surfer

@RokuJanadeeK i hope it’s soon, because i purchased a different tv, not Roku because it was taking too long. I would like to keep my Roku tv if an update would fix this. But if not, I’m afraid that’s the end of my Roku days. Which would literally be the worst because I love Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @MissPaula

We appreciate you for keeping us posted and providing us with the details regarding the network issue on Spectrum Community Wi-Fi.

We'll forward this information to the appropriate Roku team for investigation. We're currently working on this issue, and we'll provide updates once more development with this.

If there's anything we can do to assist you further, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KarenEG
Reel Rookie

I’ve had a ONN Roku TV for about 1.5 years and have been dealing with this issue since then. My apartment has Spectrum Community and everything else works perfectly fine with the internet, including another smart TV that is not Roku. It is quite disappointing that Roku hasn’t done anything to fix the problem. I have talked to Roku and Spectrum techs several times throughout the past year and they keep telling me to call the other company because it’s not their fault. 
I honestly believe it’s not spectrum since everything works fine. 
The “connect to your hotspot” solution is foolish. Plus I don’t have good cell signal here so sometimes not even that works. Again, I don’t think the problem is Spectrum.

I will be moving to a new community next week that doesn’t have spectrum. Hopefully this issue is resolved. If not, I will be buying a new TV that is not Roku because this is absolutely ridiculous. 

Klntcy
Channel Surfer

Spoiler
    @KarenEG 

I totally feel you. It’s Rokus problem. I ended up getting a Vizio Tv and it works perfectly. I never wanted to say goodbye to Roku but all of this is stupid. Until they fix their weird issues it’s not worth it. 

I hope your new place is great! 
0 Kudos