Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: hyper-saturated playback of certain files in Plex app

Jump to solution

Hi @HAL-9000,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this and are glad to assist you with your problem streaming in Roku. We'd like to know more specific details so we can determine the issue that you are experiencing.

• When did the issue start?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • What software version is your Roku device currently running? (Settings > System > About)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

In the meantime, kindly try to update the software and restart the system of your Roku device and see if the issue persists.
We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HAL-9000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Jag007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having hyper saturation problems with the ROKU App built into my Hisense 4K TV. When using the Plex app within this TV, my 4K video recorded directly from my well known Sony ZV-1 camera (AVC format) plays with over saturation and a deep red/pink tinge to it. 

However, when I connect my Amazon stick to the exact same TV and use the Plex app on that stick, the same video file over Plex plays correctly.

Roku engineers - This shows that it isn't a problem with a TV, it isn't a problem with the Plex Server, it is a problem with the ROKU PLEX APPLICATION. 

Update 2024-01-27: The problem ALSO occurs on my TCL TV that is using the Roku Plex App. Roku, you guys need to figure out how to resolve this issue. I am an engineer so I can provide you full specifications on the file, test data, version numbers, steps to replicate the issue. I am guessing it is wide spread. Can someone please put me in touch with the correct team at Roku to help them resolve this issue? 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jag007,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. This is not what we aim for.

Would you mind providing us with the information asked by @RokuEuniceL from the above post? Also, if the issue is isolated to the Plex app, we would recommend that you also reach out to them and inquire regarding this app, as they may be able to assist with their app functionality.

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jag007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuJanadeeK,

Appreciate your post, but your response is part of the problem. "Maybe it's not our fault, maybe our users can chase Plex instead".

If anything you should be co-ordinating with contacts at Plex to help them, and vice versa. It shouldn't be random users or community members. Chances are it is both your faults and requires communication between Plex and Roku to resolve. Since Plex is a valued and important part of your platform, help them. Talk to them. Figure it out. In the meantime let me know what information you need from me to resolve. Thanks.

spoole100
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK

As I have stated in my posts on Page 3 of this thread, this is not a plex problem, this is a Roku Problem.  The issue happens in Plex, but also in Jellyfin, Emby, and more telling in the Roku media player.  If you don't believe me, download the files in my post on page 3, put them on a USB drive, and play them with the Roku media player.  This is not a Plex client problem.

BakerRacer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since this issue is clearly not solved, is there any way to remove the "Solved" tag for this thread so it might get more attention? 

It amazes me how many Roku people chime in here with canned responses (that haven't bothered to read the whole thread) but none of them are willing to take whatever action is needed to fix this issue and finally put it to rest... 🙄

spoole100
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL
@RokuJanadeeK
@RokuTakashi
@RokuJohnB

Who TF marked this as solved?  This issue is absolutely not solved.  Just like it has not been solved for the last 3 years.  Come on Roku.  You can do better.

latios72

Jump to solution

I currently use Plex on my Roku and found your question looking for answers. I tried unchecking 'Allow Direct Stream' from the Settings -> Video menu in the app and I believe it worked.

0 Kudos
BakerRacer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Correct, but that's just a workaround to what's clearly a bug in the Roku and not a Plex issue... 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.