Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues streaming Netflix on my TCL Roku TV

I have the same issues Netflix on my TCL Roku tv. I’ve also tried the suggested fixes but the glitches continue. Often, if I pause a program and restart it, the sound will go off or the screen will go black and the tv freezes completely. When this happens the remote no longer works and the only way to get control of the tv is to unplug it and plug it back in. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues streaming Netflix on my TCL Roku TV

Hi @Martyishere ,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you're experiencing and taking the suggested troubleshooting steps. We're here to provide you with further assistance.

For reference, would you mind providing us with the troubleshooting steps you've taken?

In addition, we need to forward this issue to our support team as they need to investigate further. Kindly provide us with the following details required:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to your streaming experience. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kingy

Re: Issues streaming Netflix on my TCL Roku TV

I have had the same issue since buying the TCL in November, Curry’s have fitted a motherboard and Wi-Fi board and recanted to TCL
Not my issue as my contract is with Curry’s who I’ve told me nothing they can do, my local store has never heard of this issue and sell loads of Roku TV including TCL

i have requested a replacement as the TV is not fit  for purpose as I want to watch Netflix otherwise no point having the TV

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.