Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spoole100
Streaming Star

Re: hyper-saturated playback of certain files in Plex app

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL
@RokuJanadeeK
@RokuTakashi
@RokuJohnB

@RokuCarly 

@RokuChris 

I love how when you click jump to solution you get the post "Never found a solution. Ended up getting an AppleTV."

Keep it classy Roku.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I bet anything Roku isn't even working on this issue. My guess is that they had a look at it a long time ago, found out it was a problem with the hardware in the devices and can't fix it and then just stopped responding.

They don't want to admit they screwed up and it can't be solved because then people would have the right to demand a replacement for their Roku or a refund. It doesn't benefit Roku at all to admit failure so when issues like this happen they send out their useless moderators to copy and paste stuff from the troubleshooting script that they know won't work just to give us the illusion they care, then they just stop responding altogether.

There is a similar issue with the Roku Express 4K in which the Pandora app will not work at all, it just gives you an error message each time you launch the app from the home screen, it is a known issue on that particular model, yet Roku hasn't addressed that either, they just stopped responding on that topic as well. Roku's solution is to just stop talking about it and hopefully the people complaining about these issues will forget and let it go.

I guarantee you all Roku is working on is more useless intrusive annoyances that they call 'features' to add to the software that we don't need while also working on ways to increase their ad revenue. That is all they care about.

spoole100
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ladies and Gentlemen... I don't want to get my hopes up but it appears Roku OS 13 solves this 3+ year old issue.  I can't replicate the hyper-saturated colors in the Roku Media Player or in Plex.  For those of you who haven't moved on to a different platform can you check this and verify?  Fingers crossed this is true.

0 Kudos
BakerRacer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It took me some time to remember what show(s) I had on my server that had this problem, but I think I ended up finding an example to play around with.

Unless it's my imagination and/or wishful thinking, I think the problem still exists, but it seems as if it's not as severe as it once was.  In other words, I think I'd rename the subject of this thread from "hyper-saturated playback..." to "saturated playback..."

Hopefully, some others can chime in with their findings but what would be even more significant would be if someone from Roku could confirm that something regarding this bug was actually addressed in a recent firmware update...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.