Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viggo

"No Signal" Screen at Start Up, But Works

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a simple problem. The existing answers address more complex issues.

I upgraded to a new 4K Streaming Stick. I set it up like the previous stick on the same Vizio TV and all works fine.

The problem is upon turning on the TV, we see a black screen with "No Signal." If we hit the Home button, all is fine. We see the usual Roku menu. There is a signal. The screen saver comes on fine when idle.

It seems like I just have one setting wrong, perhaps in the Screensaver settings or similar.

I don't want to do resets and all when nothing else is wrong.

Might anyone know what needs to be changed so we see the menu properly on start up. Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "No Signal" Screen at Start Up, But Works

Jump to solution

@Viggo, that sounds like "power saving" and is the way it's supposed to work.  Not all Roku devices have it, but if you have "Power" settings under Settings->System then you'll find the "power saving" option there.  If you don't like the way it works, you can disable it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Viggo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this. Supposedly, you'll not be greeted with a "No Signal" start-up but a Roku bouncing logo instead. This issue might affect the power receiving on the device or the HDMI input where its placed.

If you're using the TV USB port to power this, try powering it directly to a wall outlet that has enough power. We also recommend changing the HDMI port to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how things going or if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Viggo, that sounds like "power saving" and is the way it's supposed to work.  Not all Roku devices have it, but if you have "Power" settings under Settings->System then you'll find the "power saving" option there.  If you don't like the way it works, you can disable it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.