Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZenInTexas
Reel Rookie

SiriusXM "Live" channel playback issues

On a TV running Roku 13.0.0 Build 24056, my SiriusXM app V4.5 Build 102 is having usability issues.

I have a paid SiriusXM subscription to all channels and videos. On the Roku SiriusXM app, I have successfully logged-into SiriusXM.  Roku indicates my "Connection check was successful".  I have restarted the Roku device.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the issue still exists.

Here is the issue:

Streaming of "Live" channels (Channels that are NOT online only, aka not "xtra" in SiriusXM marketing terminology) buffer about 3 seconds and then repeat those 3 seconds a few times then buffer another 3 seconds then buffer those 3 seconds a few times....and this repeats.

How can I contact the developer of the Roku SiriusXM application?

FYI, as an aside, my SiriusXM password was significantly more than 20 characters. When signing in at SiriusXM.com/TV, passwords of lengths longer than 20 seem to generate "invalid password" errors. My opinion is that the input field on this html page has a check for password length and just won't allow longer (valid) passwords to work. At one time SiriusXM allowed much longer passwords, which my account had. I had to change to a shorter password just to use the SiriusXM.com/TV login.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM "Live" channel playback issues

The SXM channel is developed and provided by SXM. So the only way to resolve issues with that channel is to contact SXM. I'll try to remember to test the app on my Ultra when I get home, just to confirm if they have an app issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
atc98092

I just tried the SiriusXM channel on my Ultra 4800, and had no issues with playing a live channel (60s Gold).  If after a reboot yours is still acting up, you need to contact SXM.

Note: since you have a Roku TV, how did you reboot it when you removed the channel and reinstalled it? Did you just press the power button to turn the TV "off"? If so, you didn't completely remove the channel. That requires a system restart, which can either be done from the menu or by pulling the power completely for 10-15 seconds. Turning the TV off is really only putting it into a low power state, and the OS is still running so the old code was never completely removed. 

Dan

ZenInTexas
Reel Rookie

I went ahead and uninstalled the SiriusXM app.  Restarted Roku. Re-Installed the SiriusXM app then logged into SiriusXM. 

The live channels still buffer about 3 seconds on the app, repeat the audio a few times then buffer again and repeat.  It is very un usable at this point.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for trying again using the proper sequence. I have no further explanation, unfortunately. As I mentioned, I tried my Ultra yesterday and it played just fine. I decided to test my Premiere 3920, which is on a TV next to me, and it too is streaming 60s Gold without any issue. So that's two completely different models of Roku that is working fine. 

Just a thought, but different providers often stream to different platforms using different servers, and will also feed different parts of the country from different servers as well. It's possible that the server feeding your device is having issues. If everything else is streaming fine on your Roku TV, you might contact SXM and tell them you're having issues streaming to your home location.

Dan

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.