Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

@OwnerofDevices  your advice is laughable and you are impeding this already tedious process.
"You don't have a fiber optic ISP" Well DUH! You act as if that is an option in rural Kansas.
I ASSURE YOU FIBER IS NOT AN OPTION WHERE I LIVE. I am lucky to have coax and it is only because I paid for them to dig the line, it is that or tethered 1 bar 4GLTE phone wifi, Hughes satellite, or copper line DSL,  
None the less, this is not a line speed issue I can stream ALL of my other devices and they do not buffer ONLY the Roku TV buffers.
This is a NEW problem I have had my ROKU TV since 2019 this started about 6 weeks ago.
Of course I would love if they gave a hoot but the lack of progress indicates they do not.
@RokuJechealR  can you mute/remove @OwnerofDevices from this thread they not informed and are impeding this already tedious process.

#FOURweeks #boycottrokuproducts #nocustomerservice

0 Kudos
pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

Something is wrong in the software no one at Roku cares. They want me to call google yeah that's an option tell me googles number and provide me with the the Roku TV source code, and I will work out the bugs with the google engineers.  While you are getting me googles phone number we should talk about my salary, contract, and health benefits and retirement package since I now work at **bleep**ing roku. I'M REALLY PISSED OFF Roku youtube app is UNUSABLE!

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@pwrcat4000You need to move to a place where you can get fiber optic internet. I moved for fiber once out of Baltimore city to Baltimore County. Verizon ignores Maryland most populus city. If I move again I will move to another city that has fiber in or out of Maryland.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@pwrcat4000the only reason that you have coax in the first place is because coax cable companies ignore the directive from the FCC to install fiber optic cables.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@pwrcat4000buffering is latency and coax networks have a lot more latency than fiber optic networks. That is why I offered my suggestion about your situation. Very much on point and not off topic.

0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

I already told you I have 500mbps and EVERY OTHER APP WORKS FINE (including Nextflix etc.).  Why are you trolling?

BTW, Youtube works fine on every other device but Roku.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I guess you don't understand how communty forms work. Anyone from the community can offer advice.

0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

I told you I have plenty of bandwidth (500Mbps) so stop with the fiber optic stuff Troll.  The bandwidth connection is NOT THE ISSUE as has been abundanltly documented.  Anything further from you is TROLLING.

pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

Success! Added 'OwnerofDevices' to ignore list.

pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

@BeachGuy1  @OldRadioRob 
did you see this post,  seems similar to our problem I am going to try it today see if it works. 
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/YouTube-slow-to-load-and-buffering/m-p/872791
TLTR delete youtube app > force restart of Roku tv > reinstall youtube app

Why didn't @RokuJechealR @RokuJohnB  @RokuCarly  RokuERey RokuArjiemar
suggest this?????
#RokuTV #nocustomerservice #nosupport

0 Kudos