Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admiral6

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

SAME! Nothing but problems with this thing.

Started having buffering issues a day or two ago. Thought it was my access point acting funny so I reset it, and my whole network. Nothing. Reset Roku, completely reset the TV. Removed and reinstalled the YouTube app. But I just switched to guest mode and it’s working flawlessly. Switch back to account and it buffers after just a few seconds. Also note YouTube works fine on every other phone tablet and computer on the network. But every Roku device is taking a long drive on the struggle bus.

I'll pile on. Same symptoms that everyone else is reporting: 2-3 days ago, YouTube started buffering.

I can often click the right arrow and it'll jump ahead a few seconds in the video then start playing OK... for about another minute or so, then the buffering returns. I've gotten a message "YouTube is buffering frequently - you should check your connection" (or words to that effect). The connection checks out fine – 270 mbps with a strong WiFi signal. Every other streaming channel (Netflix, AppleTV, various Roku channels) plays back just fine.

I tried the usual remedies: Checked for software updates: Both YouTube app and Roku system are up to date. Deleted and re-installed the YouTube app. Restarted several times. Even re-booted my router. Same buffering result on YouTube.

YouTube videos play fine on my desktop computer and phone (same WiFi connection as the RokuTV) so I don't think the YouTube network is the problem. The problem must be with Roku.

Scramblicon
Reel Rookie

I used my computer today to review a couple videos I needed to check out and I deleted some history of previously watched videos at the same time.  The PC works fine on YT as previously mentioned, just not the Roku.

I turned on my tv after dinner and it went to the YT app and it loaded fine and I watched a couple videos no problem.  Could this be a Roku memory restriction on watched videos or video history?  Who knows.  I only watched a couple videos so I'm not sure.  If this stops working again - I'll repost.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.