Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nydius
Reel Rookie

Re: Weather Channel Failed to load app data

Jump to solution

I was watching TWC fine until about 30 minutes ago and the app froze, now I’m getting that exact same error (Failed to load app data, with the crying cloud) on both of my Roku TVs… Hopefully we get an answer on this soon. 

Jackman1630
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem blue screen messages on three roku/tv set ups.  Frustrated and hopeful...

Mitch

0 Kudos
Jackman1630
Channel Surfer

Re: Weather Channel not working

Jump to solution

I am not having a problem with weather4us.  I am having a problem with The Weather Channel subscription I have through Roku.  Three Roku/TV app failed to load data.  Cannot just delete the app as it is a subscription.  Was working earlier today.

0 Kudos
mkgorm87

Jump to solution

Same issue here… cannot load app data. Restarted Roku, removed and reinstalled the WC app, no luck! 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We sincerely appreciate everyone who reported the issues with the Weather4Us channel on your Roku device. We recommend performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

1. Remove the channel: Go to your Home screen, move right, highlight the app, press the Star (*) button, and then select "Remove channel."
  2. Perform a system reboot: Navigate to Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: Go to your Home screen, scroll and select "Store," search for the app, and then press "Add channel."
  4. Software update: by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For further troubleshooting steps, refer to our Support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Important Note: If the issue persists, we advise reaching out to the channel provider, Weather4us Support, many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves.

We apologize for the inconvenience and continued participation in our community.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jackman1630
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem earlier today - had email exchange with Ruby Sharma <support@weathergroup.freshdesk.com>.  When I returned home - everything worked fine.  They had my email and phone number - perhaps that was enough.

0 Kudos
mshn991
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problems many have reported. Not working. I checked daily for software updates. Weather4us had an update a couple days ago , and now it is working properly again. I guess someone figured it out. It took long enough.

0 Kudos
Art5
Reel Rookie

Re: Weather 4 Us Not Working?

Jump to solution

SOLVED!

Replaced my old discontinued non-supported Streaming Stick (3500X) with a new Roku 4K+

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.